Reload this Page >

Mobile Phone Wanderers in Airport Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mobile Phone Wanderers in Airport Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2008, 3:00 pm

Programs: AC Prestige, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, HHonors
Talking

Heh.. I don't talk on my phone, I use my blackberry pearl to text, but that is all you'll hear from my phone -- the clicking.

Sanosuke!
Old May 30, 2008, 5:04 pm

Programs: PLAT -- 2.7Million
Originally Posted by meducate

I It seems that pace/speed is directly correlated with volume. The faster they are moving, the louder they get.
Insightful observation!
Typically, I've also observed that the size of "the deal" is inversely proportional to the volume.
Old May 30, 2008, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 1K MM, Hyatt GP Diamond, basic level in many more..
Originally Posted by Palal
Has anyone ever tried to join in on the conversation, answering back to the guy/gal on the phone?
Yep:

MPW: "Hey "other end of phone call" how are you?"
Me: "Just fine thank you, and you?"
MPW: Puzzled look - synapse fires - realizes talking to loud - slight embarrassment - walks away

Works most of the time...
Old May 30, 2008, 9:50 pm

To be fair if you have to talk wandering is a good way of ensuring that no one person hears your entire call.
Old May 31, 2008, 7:19 am

You can almost always ward off a wanderer with a loud conversation about bowel impactions and various way to treat them, your latest bout with stomach flu, a decription of various balls of mucous you've horked up lately, or other appetizing topics. Even if this temporarily subjects other "innocents" around you to unpleasantness, they will be most grateful once the Wanderer clears out.
Old May 31, 2008, 7:41 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
Originally Posted by cordelli
Seen them in the bathroom too, don't get that one at all.

Does anybody really think the person on the other end doesn't know you are on the toilet? If not, they do when you flush.
Last month I walked into the bathroom, and this man standing at the urinal was "holding himself" with one hand while text-messaging with the other! While he wasn't using his cell phone to talk, I found his multi-tasking rather extreme if not unsanitary as well.
Old May 31, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance - AC
Originally Posted by BrokerGal
When using my cell in public I cup my hand around the mike whenever possible - perhaps it's just a mental thing but I find that when doing so I speak more quietly and without worry about whether or not the person on the other end can hear me. Interestingly, I find this still attracts attention sometimes - not negative attention, but more the "gee, I wonder what she must be talking about if she has to be so quiet" kind.
This is what they do in Japan. Everybody seems to do it. It actually shows consideration for others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.