Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Which countries is allowed entrance with Israeli stamp?

Old May 8, 2008, 7:29 pm

Programs: Starwood, AA
Originally Posted by lotalota
I'd like a good list of "do not allow" countries. That would be my list of countries I wouldn't want to ever visit.
that's so juvenile! just because the current government has certain policies, doesn't mean the rest of the people support it or there's nothing worthwhile in the country's history or natural landscape to see. by that logic, those who don't agree with Bush shouldn't visit US. but besides Bush, there are still many interesting places to visit in the US (and some people are even nice and don't support him!)
Old May 8, 2008, 7:54 pm

Programs: Lapsed DL North PE, now nothing
Juvenile perhaps, but I still don't want to go to any country who will hassle or deny entry to a traveler who has visited Israel. That's my choice.
Old May 9, 2008, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by lotalota
I'd like a good list of "do not allow" countries.
So would I, but it doesn't exist, because "do not allow" can be intepreted three ways:

1) Some countries state officially that they don't allow Israeli stamps and strictly enforce the rule. (Eg. Syria and Saudi Arabia.)
2) Some countries state officially that they don't allow Israeli stamps, but look through their fingers most/all of the time. (Eg. Bahrain, Qatar.)
3) Some countries don't state anything officially and may or may not choose to make a problem out an Israeli visa.

Esp. 2 and 3 can shift suddenly with government policy or even the whim of the immigration officer.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by Redhead
Anywhere in the EU (including but not limited to:Italy, Germany, Netherlands, France, Spain, Switzerland, U.K, Ireland, Iceland, Poland, Czech Republic, Greece, Sweden, Demark)
Iceland had the good sense to stay out of the EU, although they are part of the EEA (along with Norway, also not in the EU).

Here's your definite graphic on who "officially" bans Israeli passports, and those who ban passports with Israeli stamps in. However, Kuwait's there as the former, and I know for a fact people travel in and out with Israeli stamps. But probably only if they're from Europe, North America, S. Africa and Australia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C..._passports.png
Old May 10, 2008, 12:01 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Given my own experiences with Dubai and Israeli stamps in the passport, I wonder when your fact applies and when it doesn't now -- it used to be the way you mention but not as of late.

after talking to a few friends and reading up, looks like Dubai lifted israeli stamp restrictions.
Old May 10, 2008, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by BulletHead
after talking to a few friends and reading up, looks like Dubai lifted israeli stamp restrictions.
officially?
Old May 11, 2008, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Any country that does not want to admit me with an Israeli passport stamp can go **** themselves.
Old May 11, 2008, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by moocherx
Iceland had the good sense to stay out of the EU, although they are part of the EEA (along with Norway, also not in the EU).

Here's your definite graphic on who "officially" bans Israeli passports, and those who ban passports with Israeli stamps in. However, Kuwait's there as the former, and I know for a fact people travel in and out with Israeli stamps. But probably only if they're from Europe, North America, S. Africa and Australia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:C..._passports.png
Actually, the following Wikipedia link should provide more information than the link above: Countries that reject Israeli Visa Stamps.
Old May 11, 2008, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by alcathiax
Actually, the following Wikipedia link should provide more information than the link above: Countries that reject Israeli Visa Stamps.
You'll have noticed the graphic I posted was from the very page you linked. @:-)
Old May 11, 2008, 4:11 am

Programs: ANA, JAL, AA
You can ask the Israeli border guards to stamp the entry and exit stamps on a separate piece of paper, and not in your passport.
Old May 11, 2008, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FWIW, Malaysian customs are very strict about the import of Israeli origin goods, so clearly at a legislative issue there is still some form of embargo. The practical implementation for immigration would appear to be much different.
Old May 11, 2008, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Any country that does not want to admit me with an Israeli passport stamp can go **** themselves.
Probably best to go to OMNI with those comments. @:-)
Old May 11, 2008, 5:21 am

Smile

Guys, guys...
There is SO MUCH info in this thread that even I got confused for a minute...
Please allow me to clarify this, as an Israeli citizen who's also working in the aviation industry and is very familiar with the subject:

Out of the 245 countries/territories/independent states in the world today, only the following countries will probably not allow admittance to someone whose passport is stamped with an Israeli stamp:
Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sudan and Yemen.
Those are countries to which Israel is considered an enemy (and v.v), and although the passport holder is only a "third party", they will not approve of a previous visit to Israel.

THAT'S IT.
I should state though that other arab countries, such as Algeria, may cause some difficulties but it is not something official.

Apart from those, nowhere else in the world would be a problem to enter when having an Israeli stamp in your passport. this also includes all other arab countries not mentioned here (yes, also UAE).
In fact - other arab countries (which although are not having an "open" peace agreement with Israel but are having diplomatic contacts) even allow nowadays Israeli citizens to enter their countries, including Qatar, Bahrain, Morroco, and even Iraq - and obviously those with peace agreements such as Egypt and Jordan.

And if you really do want to visit Jerusalem still be able to go someday to Riyadh as well, for example, many countries (such as Canada, the UK, and Singapore) do issue very easily a second passport for their citizens, which states "valid for Israel only" (since the problem would be the israeli stamp when you want to visit Saudi Arabia, and not the other way around).
These passports are not connected to your main passport in any way, and no one can ever know that you have one at home.

...But after all this, if you do find yourself standing in front of an immigration officer at Tel Aviv's airport, just ask them not to stamp your passport.
Yeah, it's that simple.
The Israeli ministry of interior is aware of the issue, and therefore all foreigners that wish to enter Israel, can simply ask that their passport won't be stamped (and you can do this on entry as well as on departure). they will stamp a piece of paper says "entry permit", which won't even be attached to your passport, so you can simply discard it once leaving israel and no one should ever know you've been here
Apart from immigration, no other authority will ever stamp your passport, not even customs.

I hope that will end all the mixed info and help make things simpler...

Last edited by LH691; May 11, 2008 at 12:59 pm
Old May 11, 2008, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH691
And if you really do want to visit Jerusalem still be able to go someday to Riyadh as well, for example, many countries (such as Canada, the UK, and Singapore) do issue very easily a second passport for their citizens, which states "valid for Israel only" (since the problem would be the israeli stamp when you want to visit Saudi Arabia, and not the other way around).
These passports are not connected to your main passport in any way, and no one can ever no that you have one at home.
It is worth pointing out that all of my second Uk passports have had no such endorsement on them. They are full 10 year documents usable anywhere. None of my colleagues with a second passport have such a statement either.
Old May 11, 2008, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
LH691 thanks for the info. I have been reading numerous reports that asking Israeli immigration to not stamp your passport is unpredictable. they sometime listen and sometime ignore, which absolutely baffles me.

I wish Israel would do something along the lines of South Africa. During the apartheid days, Indians were not allowed to go there, however SA would issue visas on a separate piece of paper that was to be carried along with the passport. when entering SA they would stamp that paper. this would help so many potential tourists from india and other countries that require a visa before flying to israel. many indians work in the middle east and cannot afford to have a stamp in their passport. now the only way to do that is to go through some special and expensive program in jordan.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.