Turning Down F Upgrade?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turning Down F Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have declined the on board upgrade on the last DEN-SFO of the evening. It was offered on board on a UA 320. I was in 6F with a vacant middle so an F seat would have really been a downgrade.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 6:48 pm

I have done it on DL. If I am lucky enough to be in seat 25C on an MD-88 and there is no one in B, I will stay put, if F is full. IMHO this is the best coach seat in the sky.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
I have done it several times on CO and UA redeyes where I have had the window seat in the exit row with no window seat in the row immediately in front and an empty middle seat. It seemed to me that I had more room and was not missing out on drinks or a meal in F. I also have declined an upgrade when my boss was in Y as well.
Old May 2, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
I turned down at lest one on UA--it was on a 757. IIRC, my UG had just cleared when I got to the airport, and the only seat they had was in row 6. I don't like the F cabin on their 757'as generally, and i really dislike Row 6, which Ii don't think reclines sufficiently. So I said no thank you and got my exit row seat back, which had a lot more leg room.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
Economy Plus offers adequate room for my 1.92m/60kg self.
You're 6 foot 3 1/2 and weigh 132 lbs. Sure. A BMI of 16.3. Right.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:22 pm

I would decline if I already have the row to myself (or in a row with the middle seat open), or traveling with family/friends. I'm not that tall so the legroom doesn't make too much of a difference to me (except on a long flight) I had the red-eye once and had the entire row to myself. That, IMHO, was better than flying first class since I had a lot more room to sleep. I've flown FC once and thought it was OK - space is wider, there is pre-flight drink, service is better) but just from the "space" perspective, if I have the choice between the entire economy row to myself, I'd prefer the economy row than a FC seat.

People always have their reasoning for declining FC seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.