Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

passport stamps on the amendments/endorsements page?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

passport stamps on the amendments/endorsements page?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by raustin
I understand it's a big no-no among border control people, so they stay away from those pages (which are reserved for use by the issuing country only).
The Ukraine put both enry and exit stamps on page 23 of the 24-page U.S. passport...
Old Oct 24, 2008, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Boghopper
The only time I've gotten that page stamped was in and out of Russia, when there was plenty of room elsewhere. I think they were being contrary.
This is weird. Russians always stamped right on the visa for me.
Old Oct 24, 2008, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by astanley
I got an earful in DFW after the MTY Immigration guy stamped my "Amendments" page with my entry stamp back in June.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Sounds like yet another example of US government employees scolding US citizens for no good reason -- it's not like we ask others to stamp our amendments and endorsements pages.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:04 pm

I got an earful in DFW after the MTY Immigration guy stamped my "Amendments" page with my entry stamp back in June.

Cheers,

-Andrew
Was your passport otherwise full? If not, how is that your fault?
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Chile uses the Amendments/Endorsements page to stamp/staple in the receipt from the "reciprocity" payment, which is valid until the passport expires.
Old Oct 25, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold

Cheers,

-Andrew
How inappropriate of the agent.

I fail to see what control you possibly had over where in your passport you got a stamp. I have crossed over 1,000 national borders in my life and never once have I been asked where I would like the stamp.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 8:14 am

Cheers,

-Andrew
A friend just got her passport randomly stamped on the signature page opposite the photo page--even though there were other blank pages available. Obviously, just like your case that certainly wasn't her fault, and she's already re-entered the US with no issues. Would this ever be considered a problem in the future?

Has anyone ever heard of countries balking at stamping the added pages? A friend's boss travels a lot for work and said he's apparently had problems...I heard it through that friend so I have no details of which countries and what exactly has been said to him about those inserted pages. Seemed bizarre to me, as adding pages should be a common, official government procedure and I've never heard this before.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by skewedstyle
Has anyone ever heard of countries balking at stamping the added pages? A friend's boss travels a lot for work and said he's apparently had problems...I heard it through that friend so I have no details of which countries and what exactly has been said to him about those inserted pages. Seemed bizarre to me, as adding pages should be a common, official government procedure and I've never heard this before.
Adding pages is common for US passports, but not for other countries. I have over 200 pages in my passport, and every once in a while a rookie agent calls over someone more senior to ask if my passport is OK. But never more trouble than that.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
Far, far easier to get pages added at a consulate overseas. I've done it in Hong Kong. Less than an hour and you don't even have to go yourself. You can send an assistant with the filled out paperwork and an hour later your assistant brings you back your passport with new pages. I did, however, have to make an appoint via their website. Easy to do, no issues at all.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 8:47 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
Hmm.. the 3 stamps I have on my amendments/endorsements page are all from PVG. In fact, China in general tends to stamp all over the place- The only stamps that properly fit the space given are the Chinese visas I have (half my visa pages are filled with Chinese visas) and my arrival at NRT (and while I appreciate the effort the BKK people made they still stamped over the edge of the page on departure). And it's impossible to screw up the visa placement because it's full-page. But that's just my personal experience. And I've never heard a peep from ORD as I re-enter the US.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
I've added pages something like 4 or 5 times and now have over 200 pages in my passport. It still fits fine in my pocket.

You can request that they add twice as many pages as normal if you want. When they see how many visas I have, they usually even suggest adding double.

It is far, far easier to get pages added at a US Consulate outside of the US.
You're lucky you were able to add so many additions! I was told I could have three max, and only receive one at a time by the Mumbai consulate... their website also states that: http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/passport_extra_pages.html

Good for you!
Old Aug 13, 2010, 11:09 pm

I think someone else mentioned getting stamps on the endorsement pages in Morocco - that happened to me as well. I assume it was the right to left thing, but it does say on the page in FRENCH what type of page it is (and seeing as they immigration official very distinctly spoke French...).
Old Aug 14, 2010, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: I miss NW, TW
My stamps from Morocco were on the amendments page despite having many blank pages elsewhere.

The additional pages are slightly smaller but were attached straight so it looks tidy, not sloppy. I got them now instead of waiting to get them at an embassy in an unusual city because the State Department was to start charging for the pages. It is now $82, I believe. Either that or $85.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 11:28 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Talking

I have at least 6 passports where the amendmendts page has stamps on it. Mainly Russian or Ukrainian, b ut not always. Never had anybody in the US say anything about it.

I did have the CBP in Detroit tell me in Feb that the picture was terrible and that I should get a new passport (3yrs old). I told him that it was HIS co-workers that took a perfectly normal photo and made it look completely washed out and I didn't see why I hould pay for a new passport because somebody in the government didn't do their job correctly, but if he was willing to give me the money for the new passport I would get right on it.

He barked "they are not my co-workers, they are not even in the same department" and let me go. To my surprise, no secondary
Old Aug 14, 2010, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Adding pages is common for US passports, but not for other countries. I have over 200 pages in my passport, and every once in a while a rookie agent calls over someone more senior to ask if my passport is OK. But never more trouble than that.
Yes, as far as I know, the USA is unusual –.at least among Western countries – in adding pages to its passports. Most countries simply insist that a passport that has no room for more stamps or visas must be replaced by a new one. Some will issue passports that contain more pages than a normal passport – for a higher fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.