Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current US Passport Expediting wait times

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2008, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Current US Passport Expediting wait times

Does anyone know the current wait times for regular passport application and expedited application?
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:23 am

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
Officially:
Routine - 4 weeks
Expedited - 3 weeks
http://travel.state.gov/passport/get...sing_1740.html

Unofficially (about a month ago, times may have increased as summer gets closer):
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796299
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:34 am

I just got it done by mail in 5 days

My ratty old passport had less than 6 months so I called up the Passport Service hot line. The lady told me it's probably oh, 3 weeks. Well, I went to Walgreens and had new pics taken for ~$7; put my old passport together with the new pics and a renewal app and a personal check for ~$151; gave ~$16 to the post office for ExpressMail. And I just received my brand new passport today. Total: 5 working days. Very impressive.

Be sure to mail your app to the Expedite P.O. Box in Phila., mark "EXPEDITE" on lower left hand corner of the ExpressMail envelope (the Post Office also has "EXPEDITE" labels just for this purpose if you ask - I had them slap a couple extra on front and back), and mark "EXPEDITE-EM" on your check. (EM stands for ExpressMail return).

Last edited by raustin; Apr 2, 2008 at 10:43 am
Old Apr 2, 2008, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Plat, NW Gold, SPG Gold, AA, UA, BA
Passport Times

I just ordered my new passport on Mar 12 by expedited service and it was back in my hands on Mar 19! Nice turnaround.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Applied for our sons new passport on Jan 31 and paid the 3 week expedition fee. The passport was completed Feb 5 and in the mailbox on Feb 8.

According to the person working at the county clerks office the key to make it go faster is to fill out the DS forms online and then print them off. That way the DoS already has all the data in their system and you skip a few data entry steps which speeds up the process.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:32 pm

My dad went to the Seattle Passport Agency, paid the rush fee for renewal and got his new passport that same afternoon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.