Wiki Posts
Search

Airports with laptop booths

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Airports with laptop booths

O'Hare has a number of laptop "booths," at least in terminal 1: a counter of 5-6 spaces divided into individual sections. Each booth has a stool and outlet. The best part is the outlets--no more hunting for one in obscure places. I've seen several of these scattered throughout the terminal.

What other airports have these?
Old Feb 23, 2009, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Also saw these booths in DEN, concourse B, today.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:29 pm

PDX has a "Business Center" near the QX gates (low A gates). I haven't taken a good look at it, but it did have a few booths.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 6:49 pm

Pretty sure ABQ has high benches/stools with lots of outlets.. (enough for everyone with a seat to use several) .. no "dividers" though....
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

JFK T5 has a TON of them. They all have LCDs on them for the food ordering system but you can sit at them and use your laptop (and the free WiFi) as much as you want. No dividers, but plenty of plugs, stools and counter space.

DEN has some upstairs in the center of the UA terminal opposite from the Wolfgang Puck restaurant, including wired LAN connections for free.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 8:55 pm

These are becoming more the norm at all airports. I am glad to see these as there are still a few where you have to go searching around to try to get a charge and other have the worst Wi-Fi I have ever seen which make it impossible to keep a connection.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA, DL
HKG has free wifi and I cannot remember the exact location of the booths. I think its in the 20 or 30's
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:44 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
used one of these at PBI (palm beach)
Old Feb 24, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
CLT - has free wireless thruout airport. Booth located outside the biz center for free. the biz center also has hardwired booths, but there is a fee. (very reasonable, and the boots are in a room that is soundproofed in you prefer quiet.) Or there are lots of rocking chairs that have plugs nearby that can be used. All are located on the gate side of security.

GSP - One of the concourses used to have them at the top of the escalator at the gates. It is the concourse I rarely use, so am not certain if they are still available.

AVL - currently being installed. Gate side of security.

LGA - US concourse.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 3:37 am

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
TPA has them at every airside I've been to - so I assume all of them. Free wifi too. Little booths that have a table/counter, plugs, and usually also have a pay phone. Every few gates you'll find a bank of like 6 of these booths. Some are even wheelchair accessible.

Also, WN has them as a bar/counter with plugs at many airports as part of their gate redesign.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 9:37 am

SFO now has a few fairly spacious cubicles in the United terminal. There's one near the Burger King. Please join me in encouraging non-computer users (i.e., people just sitting around) to vacate this valuable and potentially productive real estate.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Add MSP to the list.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 10:48 am

ATL has round "recharge stations" with plugs and I believe stools. I rarely see anyone use them even when the terminal is full.
The FL parts of ATL have recharge stations too.

CVG at least the C concourse has recharge stations in the corners.

MCI has recharge benches, but they charge a fee!

SMF concourse A has some in the food court
Old Feb 25, 2009, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HIlton Gold
Tucson has just finished a renovation which involved adding these stations.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:43 am

Presently posting from another set of cubicles in SFO, near gate 84.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.