Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

How to prevent passport stamps on 2 pages?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I have only 2 more blank pages on my (US) passport not counting the 4 amendment pages at the end with 7 years to go. I may only need one more visa so I have to save that page for that purpose.

The 2 blank pages are in the middle.

Will officials not use those 2 pages if I paper clip them together? I was thinking of also sticking a Post-it note on those to pages clipped together saying something like "Go to page 15" where there is a lot of space, just not the full page.

Japan staples paper to the passport so I was thinking of stapling those 2 pages together but I didn't want a busy body official to detain me because of the staples. I was also thinking of using 2 paper clips to "seal up" those pages.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:41 pm

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Inquire about getting passport pages added to your passport at an embassy. I've had that done in Germany.

Originally Posted by 797-3
I have only 2 more blank pages on my (US) passport
not counting the 4 amendment pages at the end with 7 years to go. I may only need one more visa so I have to save that page for that purpose.

Will officials not use those 2 pages if I paper clip them together? I was thinking of also sticking a Post-it note on those to pages clipped together saying something like "Go to page 15" where there is a lot of space, just not the full page.

Japan staples paper to the passport so I was thinking of stapling those 2 pages together but I didn't want a busy body official to detain me because of the staples. I was also thinking of using 2 paper clips to "seal up" those pages.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:04 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by 797-3
I have only 2 more blank pages on my (US) passport not counting the 4 amendment pages at the end with 7 years to go. I may only need one more visa so I have to save that page for that purpose.

You can try, or even just asking. Not foolproof though. Some immigration officers stamp wherever they like and tell me to mind my own business

At least you can add pages. My country no longer allows it and my 48 page passport (standard and only size issued) that is valid for 5 years is already 1/4 full after only 6 months. With some upcoming trips requiring multiple full page visas I expect it will last even less than my previous passport - maybe 3 years if I'm lucky.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:33 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
You can easily have more pages added at any US embassy or at Passport office. But I have stapled pages to gether in same situation to "save them" and never had any problems.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:54 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Maybe I am lucky, but I never had a problem with stamps on 2 pages.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About 20% of the my passport stamps are on different pages. The French Stampers seem totally unable to get both stamps on the same page or maybe its a local custom or national contest involving only the French Stampers. Personally I dont care where the ink goes unless they want to stamp my forehead.

MisterNice
Old Feb 19, 2008, 5:14 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
I use a tiny drop of glue to glue the two corners together. This way immigration always flips over them and doesn't even realize.
I use two passports and none of them will see the end of their lifetime.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 6:13 am

Programs: UA MP:1P for life, TG:Gold, CO:Gold
There is no charge for 24-page inserts. If you've burned through your existing pages in three years, you can ask for two inserts (48-pages added). The only time there would be a charge is if you are expediting here in the US. In Bangkok, the US Embassy adds pages in usually less than ten minutes.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1k, HHonors Gold
For the short-term, cover the two pages you want to save with a sticky note and write "Saved for xxx Visa" on it.

(In the long-term, agree that it would be best to have some pages added).
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:43 am

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
If you don't want to add I've had pages stapled by immigration folks and they've stayed stapled until I undid them. So staple the two pages together.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:13 pm

797-3, where are you right now, in Japan? It is a very quick process to get more pages added to your passport, especially at a foreign embassy (vs. doing it at home).

I had pages added to my passport in Abu Dhabi, shortly after I arrived in the UAE. The entire process took 30 minutes, including the wait, and it was free.

My residence visa was pasted onto one of the auxiliary pages, so if you are worried that a visa needs to go on an "original" page, that is not the case.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by MisterNice
About 20% of the my passport stamps are on different pages. The French Stampers seem totally unable to get both stamps on the same page or maybe its a local custom or national contest involving only the French Stampers. Personally I dont care where the ink goes unless they want to stamp my forehead.

MisterNice
Must be a national contest... I've also noticed how when you go through there they don't even pay attention to you (talking to a companion next to them). Unlike coming back into the US where you feel like a criminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.