The coolest Frequent Flyer/Aviation Buff store in the world

Old Nov 15, 2007, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

A new store just opened today at Schiphol and I have no qualms about placing it on top of the world for such stores. There are models of almost every plane, t-shirts from many of the worlds airlines, including some classics (Concorde, Air Jamaica "Love is in the Air", etc) jackets, hats and even a full on airplane cockpit with a Playstation 3 behind it, etc., etc. I only had a few minutes so I can't go into more detail.

It's next to the grocery store. Be sure to check it out when you pass through AMS.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Another one, sounds similar, is at ORD. Leave Terminal 3 (AA) via the tunnel to the O'Hare Hilton. It's on your right opposite where you'd turn left to enter the hotel itself. Has a lot of stuff from airlines that aren't around any more.

(It's been a while since I was there, as most of my ORD connections these days don't leave enough time to visit it, and unless I'm arriving from overseas I'd have to leave the secure area and reenter. If it's closed, perhaps someone could post that here.)
Old Nov 15, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
I checked out the ORD store a couple of weeks ago. Pretty well stocked still.

Beware its in the Closed tunnel, so you have to go through the hilton lower level to get to it.... but it is worth it (I got a lovely UA319 and a EMB145 on my last run... there were other things but I was near enough my luggage limits already)

Thanks for that Stimpy... will have to check it out when I do a MR there soon.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 4:34 am

Perhaps not as cool as the brand new AMS store, but worth checking out if you have a few minutes, is the store at DUS.

Like at AMS it is at land side, two floors up from the main departure lounge, where all the last-minute tour operators are. It is at the right hand side, immediately before the doors (and ticket counter) to go out to the panorama terrace. Nice selection of AC models, books and other souvenirs.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 5:52 am

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
There was a shop landside at AMS called World of Wings. Is the new shop a renovated World of Wings, or is it a second place to buy stuff? World of Wings had a lot of cool things, from T's to mags to models, etc.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'm sure there wasn't a place quite like this one. As I was there on opening day yesterday, there were plenty of Schiphol and KLM staff on hand admiring all the goods. And I'm sure there wasn't another shop with a 737 (I think) cockpit in the store. This is right next to the grocery store where I shop often. I am sure I would have noticed something there before.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:42 pm

Just for clarification - is the new store landside or airside? (I'll be at Schiphol tomorrow, and again Sunday, so would quite like to have a look)

I've been to the World of Wings one (landside), and even remember its predecessor back in the days before there was a big shopping centre there.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

It is landside in the main central concourse. Just walk straight in from the street towards the grocery store. You can't miss it.

Being landside makes it accessible to the train customers. Schiphol isn't just an airport. It is also a major domestic and international train station. In fact I wasn't even flying yesterday. I was transiting from one train to another.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.