Airport resource guide

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport resource guide

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2007, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Airport resource guide

After my last (horrendous) stopover, I realized that there isn't a decent, updated, in-depth airport resource guide with the in and outs of each airport. Therefore, I decided to build one.

I'm not just talking about the basic information found in the airport website. The information, to me, that would be invaluable would be things such as: where to get free wi-fi, things to do to pass time, or the cheapest/fastest/reliable ground transportation. Therefore, I decided to put together the airportpedia.com project.

I hope that having a database of information and will help out everyone from the once a year traveler to us, the most dedicated road warriors.

Please note, as this is in the wiki format, it is a work in progress and if you would like to see particular information listed in the templates, please let me know.

Cheers.

Last edited by party_boy; Nov 6, 2007 at 5:27 am Reason: added link
Old Nov 6, 2007, 6:28 am

Very nifty. I added the first thing that came to mind about ATL...
Old Nov 6, 2007, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1P, MR PE ++++
Looks great. I'll be adding some info on LAX.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Templates have been added to all airports

Enjoy.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:48 pm

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I added to ELM (yeah, I know).

But what happened to all the 'P' airports?
Old Nov 8, 2007, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

I'll have to add the P airports. Oversight by my part.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
I added basic info for MCO.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 6:58 pm

Programs: UA1P, SWA RR, SPG
This is a really good idea in the same vein that seatguru.com was something I never would have conceived of but is amazingly useful.

I spend a fair amount of time in some European airports looking for lounges that i can access or wi-fi, so I will be very interested to see how this site grows (and maybe I can contribute when I know something of value).
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:25 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
Cool idea! Is there any way to add airports not on the list? My home airports (EUG and PDX) aren't included.

T
Old Nov 19, 2007, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tatia
Cool idea! Is there any way to add airports not on the list? My home airports (EUG and PDX) aren't included.

T
I've added PDX and need to research where all the P airports went to. I'll Add EUG if it's not already there.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bfmorgan
This is a really good idea in the same vein that seatguru.com was something I never would have conceived of but is amazingly useful.

I spend a fair amount of time in some European airports looking for lounges that i can access or wi-fi, so I will be very interested to see how this site grows (and maybe I can contribute when I know something of value).
Growth is dependent on value added by members. If you can add information about the airports that would be much appreciated by myself and many others. Publicly available information and links are a start which anyone can add. There are simply too many airports for one person to assemble.

Please do feel free to add any information, even some that you take for granted. It can help someone.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 4:21 pm

Programs: AAEXP, CXGold, AFPlat, PCPlat/RA, HyattDiamond, SPGGold, MarriottGold, HertzPlat, NationalExec
Cool idea! Hopefully it'll catch on, and we can get some valuable info on there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.