Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Apple - iPhone airline pilot commercial

Apple - iPhone airline pilot commercial

Old Nov 2, 2007, 3:44 pm

This is the kind of ad that cries out for a disclaimer in small print at the bottom of the screen: "This ad does not depict a typical situation", or "iPhone is not approved or endorsed by the FAA or any major airline", or "the weather map depicted is not an accurate forecast of future conditions and should not be used for flight planning", and so forth.

That way Apple could make their emotional sales appeal without totally offending people who are capable of using reason.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 11:57 pm

[QUOTE=Bobster;8667488]This is the kind of ad that cries out for a disclaimer in small print at the bottom of the screen:QUOTE]

.or, maybe something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EAQb2Fodbs

Priceless!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: Skymiles SM
[QUOTE=OPNLguy;8683282]
Originally Posted by Bobster
This is the kind of ad that cries out for a disclaimer in small print at the bottom of the screen:QUOTE]

.or, maybe something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EAQb2Fodbs

Priceless!
ROFL, maybe its the bourbon but I found that hilarious.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 11:58 am

David Manning...Vrais au Faux?

Regarding the reference to the pseudonym David Manning, I checked the FAA's Airman's Registry and found (to my surprise) 25 David Mannings. The majority are private pilots, a few more are commercially rated and a couple have their ATP. Only one, however, appears to have the credentials to support the premise upon which the commercial is based.

This has been an interesting thread (as well as the one on APC in the Regionals forum), though I do have to say to the Dispatcher with 25+ years of experience - "...if you're wondering how he eats and breaths (and other science facts) - just repeat to yourself, "it's just a show, I should really just relax"..."

Also, the benmakesmovies.com version is pretty damned funny, no?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.