Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best time to take ambien?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2007, 5:14 am

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by nigelloring
What do FTers recommend for the ridiculously long TPAC, ORD-LAX-SYD-PER and back, which I have in a few weeks?

Can Ambien put one to sleep for the 15 hour LAX-SYD segment?
No, the best you will get is 8-ish hours from a 12.5 mg Ambien CR. Depends on the individual, but I take 7.5 mg / 10 mg / CR depending on length of flight. I get about 6 / 7 / 8 hours correspondingly from the three doses. I don't think I would want to take anything that knocked me out for 15 hours. What if it lasted 16 hours and you couldn't deplane?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 11:16 pm

my own personal experience with ambien is that I need the 12.5mg CR to sleep on planes. I find it very difficult to sleep on planes; I've used the 10mg (not CR) and couldn't really sleep very much at all. I don't get the haze/hangover from ambien that other people talk about (except when I took it and couldn't get a full night of sleep).

I also agree with what other people say, I think it is best to take your first night at your destination to adjust.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by BingoLoco
WTABLOA! (Wow, Talk About Love of Acronyms)
Absolutely - people on this site are absurdly fond of acronyms. I'm not a novice here myself, but at some point it becomes ridiculous - and much content on FT suffers from overuse of acronyms.

Pardon posting to an old thread - just got a case of 30 Ambiens for my upcoming travels. (Will try at home first...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.