Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Survey of smaller airports

Survey of smaller airports

Old Oct 9, 07, 10:44 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: FL
Posts: 781
Survey of smaller airports

J.D. Power and Assoc. surveyed airline passengers this year and they ranked Houston Hobby as the No. one small airport in customer satisfaction. There were 28 questions in the survey.

The following airports were rated Above Average:
Houston Hobby; San Antionio; El Paso; Hartford Bradley, Conn.; Nashville; Boise

These were rated Below Average:
Alburqueque; Burbank, CA; Tulsa; Orange County, CA

Article

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...airports_N.htm
lofly is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 3:34 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SRQ/TPA
Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 894
Originally Posted by lofly View Post
J.D. Power and Assoc. surveyed airline passengers this year and they ranked Houston Hobby as the No. one small airport in customer satisfaction. There were 28 questions in the survey.

The following airports were rated Above Average:
Houston Hobby; San Antionio; El Paso; Hartford Bradley, Conn.; Nashville; Boise

These were rated Below Average:
Alburqueque; Burbank, CA; Tulsa; Orange County, CA

Article

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...airports_N.htm
Interesting.... it's been a few years since I've been through Houston Hobby, but I certainly wouldn't have ranked it as #1. And personally, I like Orange County a lot.
GaryO3 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 4:36 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Programs: DL SM, HH Gold, Starwood Platinum, Avis First
Posts: 159
Hmmm, I guess those BDL (Hartford) flyers did not have bags to claim. It routinely takes upwards of 40 minutes for luggage to make it onto the carousel.
Poly Pal is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 6:13 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: ATL/MOO (Many Others Often)
Programs: DL DM (MM), SPG/Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, LH Never Ever Again!
Posts: 2,445
BNA makes total sense. Great airport. Long security lines going to the B Concourse but so few Elites that the Elite line is always a breeze. Having the Elite line is a huge bonus too!

Last edited by woody125; Oct 10, 07 at 6:43 am
woody125 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 6:13 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: IND
Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Posts: 20,216
Originally Posted by GaryO3 View Post
Interesting.... it's been a few years since I've been through Houston Hobby, but I certainly wouldn't have ranked it as #1. And personally, I like Orange County a lot.
And I like BUR a lot.
indufan is online now  
Old Oct 10, 07, 6:19 am
  #6  
Moderator: Travel with Pets
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 11,981
This is not a DL topic and is headed to TravelBuzz.

RSSrsvp - Moderator
RSSrsvp is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 7:31 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Homebase: CAE - Formerly, YUL
Programs: US CP, UA, HH Gold, Marriott Plat, DL, AA, CO, ++
Posts: 2,182
x2 - Burbank is very quick & convenient.

I'm a sucker for small airports... Love AGS, CAE, even FLO.
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
And I like BUR a lot.
HereAndThereSC is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 7:54 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,784
I miss flying out of smaller airports. Well, everything except for the connections, which, however, did give me a tonne of segments, but sucked up way too much time.

I flew out of MHT and BTV for four years on a near weekly basis and never had to arrive more than an hour before my flight and was on a first name basis with most of the TSAs and GAs. Not so at DCA...
brendog is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 8:11 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: LAS
Programs: UA 1K (1MM), SPG/Marriott PP (Ambassador)
Posts: 2,845
I really like ABQ and RAP - very efficient airports and both seem to get more flights options all the time.
ECOTONE is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 8:33 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 1998
Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat (2.90MM), DL GM and Flying Colonel (1.04MM); Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 22,389
Originally Posted by brendog View Post
I miss flying out of smaller airports. Well, everything except for the connections, which, however, did give me a tonne of segments, but sucked up way too much time...
I like them too, used to use MHT a lot also, but the biggest problem i found was trying to come up with Plan B in case anything changes on the return. Business requirements, irregular operations ... returning to BOS, always lots of options, but to a smaller airport nearby, not nearly as many.

That said, what was wrong with ABQ? Used to use it a lot when a son lived in Albuquerque; never saw a problem with it. Even has free wi-fi throughout.
Efrem is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 8:39 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,784
Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
I like them too, used to use MHT a lot also, but the biggest problem i found was trying to come up with Plan B in case anything changes on the return. Business requirements, irregular operations ... returning to BOS, always lots of options, but to a smaller airport nearby, not nearly as many.

That said, what was wrong with ABQ? Used to use it a lot when a son lived in Albuquerque; never saw a problem with it. Even has free wi-fi throughout.
Amazingly, in over 150 flights in and out of MHT, I never had anything worse than an 8 hour delay. All things considered, that's not too bad. I had far more trouble flying out of BOS, which I only did for TATL and time-sensitive transcons. I only flew out of BTV 30 or 40 times, but I very rarely had trouble there either.
brendog is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 8:41 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Egypt NJ
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 2,922
Originally Posted by Efrem View Post
That said, what was wrong with ABQ? Used to use it a lot when a son lived in Albuquerque; never saw a problem with it. Even has free wi-fi throughout.
Agreed, and I'd certainly rank it above ELP, IMO
adelauro is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 10:47 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 82
Hobby... Ummm wow I always thought of it as a dark drab airport. Dont know if its a "small Airport" but Dayton Ohio is nice
apatrol is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 11:15 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: VPS
Programs: DL-PM. AA,QF,UA. Every imaginable hotel program, but use Hotwire and Priceline whenever possible!
Posts: 2,342
I think they define "small airport" differently from me!
I like PNS, VPS, TLH.

I don't think of BNA as "small" although it is certainly smaller than ATL, SEA, IAH, etc.

And I agree with BUR as below average, but I do like SNA.

Last edited by DLFan2; Oct 10, 07 at 11:30 am
DLFan2 is offline  
Old Oct 10, 07, 11:54 am
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Dallas, TX, AA 3MM EXP, WN
Posts: 1,808
Originally Posted by apatrol View Post
Hobby... Ummm wow I always thought of it as a dark drab airport. Dont know if its a "small Airport" but Dayton Ohio is nice
Hobby has a new terminal
MrMan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: