Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Shocking Seat Poacher Story!

Old Oct 6, 07, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum

So, we've all read the posts of innocent FlyerTalkers who walk to their seats to find that someone has decided to camp out there to be with their family, and figured you'd happily take 42Q in the middle to accommodate them.

I feared just as much on a recent ORD-LAX flight when I arrived at seat 10D on a 757 (Economy+, Aisle) only to find a scene of Mom in 10F changing the diaper of a baby in 10E (Lapchild didn't actually have a seat), and Dad who had settled in big time into 10D.

I was shocked when it turned out that he had 9D (exit Row Aisle) to offer, with no one in 9E, plus I didn't have to sit next to the now oh-so-septic 10E nor in the same row as its befouler.

I came this close to asking to see his boarding pass before I agreed, but gave him the benefit of the doubt and was rewarded with a peaceful, roomier seat.

Sometimes we're too jaded; these things really can work out OK.

Last edited by robb; Oct 7, 07 at 12:44 am
Old Oct 6, 07, 10:24 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmm Baby Poo.
Old Oct 7, 07, 12:23 am
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by robb View Post
only to find a scene of Mom in 10F changing the diaper of a baby in 10E
Still another inconsiderate idiot ("parent") who doesn't care about the sanitary issues.
Old Oct 7, 07, 2:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by J-M View Post
Still another inconsiderate idiot ("parent") who doesn't care about the sanitary issues.
changing a nappy is less dirty than you sneezing
Old Oct 7, 07, 8:40 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Shhhh-you will be labled as an infant hater
I am sure the darlin' dumplin and his folks would have made a scene-good for you Robb that this woked out ok for you
On an AA flight yesterday a guy in the other aisle of the middle section of a 767 decided he reall needed all three seat to himself.row behind was empty so he camped out and was really rude when someone tried to snag the other empty seat.
Ya'know how you can tell someone is a total jerk from accross the terminal while he is at the GA desk?this was such a guy.
Old Oct 7, 07, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by robb View Post
plus I didn't have to sit next to the now oh-so-septic 10E nor in the same row as its befouler.
Interesting territory marking tactics they employed.

But even though this worked out fine from your point of view - It still sucks that they didn't ask first. (What would they have offered if you were unable to sit in the exit row?)
Old Oct 7, 07, 9:11 am

I got bumped up to first class by someone who wanted to sit with his wife on Kuwait to Dubai once. My initial reactionw as originally the same as the OP.
Old Oct 7, 07, 9:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold · A3 Gold · IB Plata
Shocking!

Next time, tell the mother to move it because you have to change your own diaper in that seat - in a hurry!

Search this Thread