Wiki Posts
Search

Arrangements for a long RTW trip?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 12:32 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrangements for a long RTW trip?

Darn, I was thinking of all the trips that I should have added 2-3 days. When in Australia on business, I should have added a trip to Ayres Rock rather than rush back a day early. What was the hurry? Can't remember why the world wouldn't have continued spinning if I got back 2-3 days later.

Ditto Morocco. Why did I spend just 1 day there on a trip from Malaga? Why not 2-3 days?

Now I'm thinking of the other extreme, a RTW award ticket. It's cheaper (in miles for the award) then my previous practice of going to one area of the world for a few days or a week at a time. However, can one spare a month or 5 weeks to do it?

Do it early in the career or late? Wait until I'm too frail?

Any philosophical thoughts?
Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:07 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Do it as soon as you can. Life is too short and you never know what may happen tomorrow.

I've been to Ayer's Rock (indigenous name Uluru) three times now and the magic is still there. If you're there then going to Kata Jutu (the Olgas) should be mandatory.

Things change, life changes and you'll always wonder why you didn't go if for some reason you weren't able to later in life.

No one has ever died thinking they should've spent more time in the office, on the other hand I'll bet lots of people have died wishing they had travelled somewhere when they had the opportunity to do so.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:16 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Live life for the now and take the opportunities you have.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:37 am

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 19, 2008 at 9:58 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.