Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your tipping strategy, please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2007, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Your tipping strategy, please

(I posted this in the Marriott forum, but want to solicit the views of my Hilton compatriots. Take a look if the responses interest you http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733780)

I have a tough time figuring out what to leave for the hotel staff who makes my bed, straightens up the bathroom and replaces the towels. It's unfortunately we can't add a line to the hotel bill to deal with this, so I'm faced with a dilemma every morning.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 3:48 pm

Location: Michigan's West Coast and wherever my clients need me
Programs: Delta Diamond (2+M MQMs), Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium
Over tipping

I don't believe in tipping. I believe in over tipping. It's my philosphy.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 4:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

The topic of tipping hotel staff employees is not specific to Hilton Hotels or the Hilton HHonors frequent guest loyalty program, which is why the new home of this thread is now the TravelBuzz! forum.

Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Hilton forum
Old Sep 10, 2007, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This is cross-posted and is drawing a crowd in the Marriott forum where the OP started a parallel, identical discussion... let's merge 'em or close one or the other.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 5:37 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jwlowry
I don't believe in tipping. I believe in over tipping. It's my philosphy.
Do you tip FBI men?
Old Sep 10, 2007, 5:46 pm

If you do a quick search in the FT forums on tipping, you'll find plenty of opinions on the subject...
Old Sep 10, 2007, 6:46 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by jezsik
I have a tough time figuring out what to leave for the hotel staff who makes my bed, straightens up the bathroom and replaces the towels. It's unfortunately we can't add a line to the hotel bill to deal with this, so I'm faced with a dilemma every morning.
Easy solution to your dilemma: ask the hotel management to pay them a wage that sustains their life.

HTB.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 10:03 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
In view of the OP's active thread on the same subject, now also in TravelBuzz, I'll close this one. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.