Reload this Page >

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disgusting Things You've Seen Inflight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 1:41 pm

Last weekend, IAD-FRA, a guy in the middle seat next to me pulls out his chewing tobacco and puts a fatty under his lip. He continues to spit in his coke can until meal time, when he rushes to the lav and almost knocks over his can.

Still getting grossed out by this.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 2:54 pm

Programs: lapsed UA 1K (now a lowly 2P), HGP Platinum
Originally Posted by chwillia
That isn't very disgusting, I mean some baby's do know how to stink it up but get real...a mom changing a baby's diaper....in public....<gasp>....oooh how awful!

If you had said she was messy about it, it got on the seat, something like that I would say gross but that isn't typically how it works. these Moms are professionals. They know how to get a messy diaper clean in record time without making a mess.
Yep! How awful. There are appropriate places to do this and an airplane seat isn't one of them. we're not talking about breastfeeding here, we're talking about changing a diaper. If it's such a beautiful, natural thing, why don't you try neatly and cleanly peeing in your coffee cup on your next flight. See how far you get.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: US,UA,AA,DL,hhonors
I was on a US flight last year, JFK-LAS. The FA was VERY overweight....so bad that she couldn't pull her stockings up over the middle of her calves.
Anyway, she would bend over to serve drinks to the person on the other side of the aisle, and her massive butt would end up in my face. Complete with a very offending odor...
By the 3rd time that she did this, I had to say something. I politely said, excuse me...and she scowls at me and asks if I wanted anything. I told her no, but she was intruding upon my space. Her response: It's tight on these planes, nothing can be done.
Yet another reason why I no longer fly this airline !
Old Feb 20, 2008, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by phillygold
. Her response: It's tight on these planes, nothing can be done.
My response: yes they can, corporate can have your fat ... fired and replaced by someone more appropriately sized.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:46 am

Programs: AEROPLAN
Originally Posted by phillygold
I was on a US flight last year, JFK-LAS. The FA was VERY overweight....so bad that she couldn't pull her stockings up over the middle of her calves.
Anyway, she would bend over to serve drinks to the person on the other side of the aisle, and her massive butt would end up in my face. Complete with a very offending odor...
By the 3rd time that she did this, I had to say something. I politely said, excuse me...and she scowls at me and asks if I wanted anything. I told her no, but she was intruding upon my space. Her response: It's tight on these planes, nothing can be done.
Yet another reason why I no longer fly this airline !
thank the flight attendants union for that
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:06 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by violist
No, it doesn't. Seriously. I might not want to foist it on my fellow
FlyerTalkers, though ... would I?
To me, durian smells like a full garbage truck in the mid-summer.

I have seen "No Durian" signs in hotels, but not at airports. Thankfully, I have never been on a plane with a durian. The smell is very persistent, for some reason does not dissipate very easily.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond
How about someone stepping on your seat after going to the lav? I was sitting in aisle sit G on 777 (5 seats in the middle. Two backpackere type ladies were sitting in E and F. The one in F seat was sleeping throughout the fligt so every time E-girl was going to the lav she was jumping over the F-girl ,stepping into my seat. Same on the way back from the lav.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Any JFK-LOS flight while on my rest break in the cabin.....

Nigerian passenger urinates on the floor because the bathroom was occupied

Nigerian passenger defecates on the floor because the bathroom was occupied

Nigerian passenger places tray of food (after the dinner service) on the floor with dirty diaper on top and tells flight attendant "pick this up my slave".
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:36 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by Tom Williams
To me, durian smells like a full garbage truck in the mid-summer.
Okay, that I'll sort of buy.
Originally Posted by Tom Williams
Thankfully, I have never been on a plane with a durian.
I have. In fact, I've been the cause ...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 12:43 pm

Portions of the post that previously appeared in this space have been deleted. I would provide you with a reason why, but doing so would likely be against the TOS.

Last edited by uncertaintraveler; Dec 18, 2008 at 2:51 pm
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by uncertaintraveler
Did all of this occur with the same passenger, or from different passengers who happened to share the same nationality?
Different passengers on different flights. It only happens on the Lagos flights (hence the reason for using the nationality). Our Accra flights seem to have a more civilized bunch of passengers.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by AEpilot76
Any JFK-LOS flight while on my rest break in the cabin.....

Nigerian passenger urinates on the floor because the bathroom was occupied

Nigerian passenger defecates on the floor because the bathroom was occupied

Nigerian passenger places tray of food (after the dinner service) on the floor with dirty diaper on top and tells flight attendant "pick this up my slave".
thats pretty unsanitary.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by st7860
thats pretty unsanitary.
I guess it's slightly better than defecating on the beverage cart.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I guess it's slightly better than defecating on the beverage cart.
so you mean you saw someone drop trou and make a deposit on the cart? on the top level or the middle shelf?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:11 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by st7860
so you mean you saw someone drop trou and make a deposit on the cart? on the top level or the middle shelf?
Might be referring to this incident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.