FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Passport pages all filled up (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/718224-passport-pages-all-filled-up.html)

Ryantek Jul 25, 2007 10:12 am

Passport pages all filled up

All of the pages on my passport all filled up with Chinese Visas and stamps. Can I push it and travel? Hoping stamps will just be placed in corners or over other stamps. I have read that you should have at least 2-4 open pages before you plan to travel. I also don't want to wait months to have pages added, as I will need it in about a few weeks.

bhd87 Jul 25, 2007 10:15 am

I wouldn't risk it. Having pages added to your passport is a simple process and can be done in person within an hour.

nytango Jul 25, 2007 10:16 am

Originally Posted by dave67 (Post 8116891)
All of the pages on my passport all filled up with Chinese Visas and stamps. Can I push it and travel? Hoping stamps will just be placed in corners or over other stamps. I have read that you should have at least 2-4 open pages before you plan to travel. I also don't want to wait months to have pages added, as I will need it in about a few weeks.

You dont need pages to leave the country and depending on where you are going hopefully there is a nearby u.s. consulate. Few weeks ago we just went to the Consulate in Buenos Aires and it took less than one hour to have pages added. You can check ahead with the consulate in the country you plan to visit.

cpx Jul 25, 2007 10:22 am

I'm with nytango, but it also depends on the country you are visiting.

Which country are you planning to visit?

Jaimito Cartero Jul 25, 2007 10:27 am

If the country you're going to doesn't stamp, or doesn't require a full page, then you're probably okay. I've had many stamp above the margin, or over other stamps with no problem. Getting pages added at an embassy or consulate while out of the US is by far the best choice.

ZCini Jul 25, 2007 10:35 am

it was as smooth as milk

had it done three times, twice in London and once in Riyadh, the longest wait two hours and it was a piece of cake (to go with the milk)

Ryantek Jul 25, 2007 10:43 am

I am traveling to SIN in about 30 days. The passport office in Chicago only takes appointments if you are traveling within 14 days. If I mail it in, I think that I am taking a great risk!!! Do I run the chance of being denied entry, since I am out of space?

UALOneKPlus Jul 25, 2007 10:50 am

How would they add extra pages?

cpx Jul 25, 2007 10:52 am

This does not say anything specific about the empty pages for stamp:
http://app.ica.gov.sg/travellers/ent...quirements.asp

LongingForORD Jul 25, 2007 10:53 am

Dave, if it was me, I would wait until I was 14 days out, call up the passport office, ask for an appointment and go in and get the pages added. I would not mail it, not would I chance it.

cpx Jul 25, 2007 10:53 am

Originally Posted by UALOneKPlus (Post 8117165)
How would they add extra pages?

something called magic ;)

They stitch them in.

nytango Jul 25, 2007 10:53 am

Originally Posted by dave67 (Post 8117113)
I am traveling to SIN in about 30 days. The passport office in Chicago only takes appointments if you are traveling within 14 days. If I mail it in, I think that I am taking a great risk!!! Do I run the chance of being denied entry, since I am out of space?

Someone I know just printed a eticket itn and that was enough for appointment. Don't know if I would do that but he got an appointment with no problem.

Not sure about SIN they might require a place to stamp. Many European countrys do not stamp unless asked to. .

nytango Jul 25, 2007 10:55 am

Originally Posted by cpx (Post 8117177)

They stitch them in.

you beat me to it.. I wondered about this also until I got the passports back. just stuck them in, with notation that pages were added.

Efrem Jul 25, 2007 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cpx (Post 8117177)

They stitch them in.

Not true, though it can look like they did. They use pre-prepared sets of 24, labeled A through X where the pre-printed passport has page numbers, in which the pages are stitched in advance to a strip of tape about 2" wide that's covered with peel-off paper on the outside (the sticky side). They remove the peel-off paper and press the whole set down between two original pages. (Per regulations, they can't tape a new set to a previous set of taped pages.) Takes seconds. It took me longer to fill out the very short, simple form they asked for at the time.

Ryantek Jul 25, 2007 11:04 am

Thanks for your help. I will wait until 14 days and get an appointment at my local office. Hopefully I will not have to sit there all day!!!