Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Frequent Flyer Poll Results - family section and less restrictions on award flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer Poll Results - family section and less restrictions on award flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold

I know that there have been many threads on a lot of the topics covered by this poll. I found the results interesting.....

The Maritz Poll, which surveyed passengers who had flown during the past six months, found that:

Nearly three-quarters (73%) believe that there should be a segregated family section on all aircraft.

Of those who attempted to redeem airline miles for flights, 80% were able to get a seat on a flight that fitted their travel plans. But frequent flier programmes are still a sore spot for the 67% of respondents who said that their opinion of airlines is negatively affected by the tightening of policies regarding loyalty miles expiring.

Although some people can't seem to live without their Blackberry or mobile phone, 56% said that passengers should continue to disconnect during flight. Only 27% said it was a good thing.

When asked which two services or options they'd be willing to pay extra for, respondents overwhelming chose extra leg room (63%) and better food (42%).

About one-third (34%) of first class travellers said that they would be more inclined to fly with an airline that offered gourmet food with a well-known chef in the first class section. And when asked about healthy dining options in airports, 57% said there weren't enough options. If healthy fast food was offered in the airport, 69% said they would take advantage of that facility.

Full article at The Wise Marketer. It is a free subscription site
Old Jul 12, 2007, 11:58 am
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by Redhead
Nearly three-quarters (73%) believe that there should be a segregated family section on all aircraft.
The first airline to do this gets my business. Although I can just see this becoming the new dreaded "middle seat" for last minute pax.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 1:03 pm

For those families with children under 8, I think it should be in the baggage hold.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 3:13 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Timfid
For those families with children under 8, I think it should be in the baggage hold.
the pressurized section? <slinking off to the penalty box>
Old Jul 12, 2007, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Timfid
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

About one-third (34%) of first class travellers said that they would be more inclined to fly with an airline that offered gourmet food with a well-known chef in the first class section. And when asked about healthy dining options in airports, 57% said there weren't enough options. If healthy fast food was offered in the airport, 69% said they would take advantage of that facility.
Yes. ^
Old Jul 12, 2007, 8:14 pm

Programs: Peon in all
Who would be forced to sit in this "family section"?

A) A mother, a father and their 3 year old son and 9 year old daughter
B) A mother and her 12 year old daughter
C) A father and his 17 year old son
D) A mother traveling with her 35 year old son
E) A mother and father going with their 40 year old daughter to her new home

These are all "families"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.