$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Thanks for being the "voice of experience." I don't think the typical flyertalker would want to deal with that hassle. I guess it's really only worth the pain if you live someplace remote with high airfares (like Alaska).
The problem is you have to pick THREE DIFFERENT departure cities. So, if you live in Alaska you could pick Anchorage, but you'd also have to pick two other departure cities. I wonder what the chances are they would actually have you flying out of Anchorage?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
You have to send the original receipt, but I don't see any reason one couldn't exchange the dockers for something else or store credit as well or why I couldn't get multiple tickets at multiple addresses and variations of my legal name.
Well, if you're willing to flout the rules and not actually buy the pants -- and are successful in that endeavor -- I guess more people can find value in this offer.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:35 am

Programs: US Air
Originally Posted by RobertH
The problem is you have to pick THREE DIFFERENT departure cities. So, if you live in Alaska you could pick Anchorage, but you'd also have to pick two other departure cities. I wonder what the chances are they would actually have you flying out of Anchorage?
No, just one departure city. Three different destination cities. Right?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:55 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
A free trip out west from Columbia, SC is worth something.....unless they stick me on that d@mn 2+ hour RJ flight via DFW.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by patyoda
No, just one departure city. Three different destination cities. Right?
That's the way I read it.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:10 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
I don't see anywhere in the Terms and Conditions that your departure city must be located in your state of residence or even where you live.

Why not pick some out of the way departure city in Alaska or Hawaii and cash in the ticket for someplace where you'd really want to go. Don't must US carriers allow you to cash in your non-refundable tickets with them directly and apply it to a new flight minus a small change fee. And a ticket from Hawaii or Alaska is going to approach at least $600+. Even with a change fee that would net you at least $500+ in airfare. Not bad for a $125 pants purchase you could probably return anyway (as most stores will accept copies of receipts for returns).
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:19 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
Another fatwallet poster said they did this on the previously mentioned test drive offer through the same travel agent. Taxes and fees were $100 per person from "So Cal to Washington" on US Air, and they did earn miles. Assuming LAX-IAD direct on US should be $21 in taxes, so someone is making $79. Still not a bad price, but WAY too many restrictions to bother with.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by jerry crump
Let me get this right. You are complaining that you will have to take the $3.00 (roughly) metro and change over to BWI express metro bus to use your free airline ticket?

I have a tiny commercial airport 3 minutes from my house and I thought this deal was a heaven send even though I would have to take a $45 one way shuttle an hour to the Little Rock Airport.

Are we getting a little spoiled here?
You forgot to mention that BWI is the closest and most convenient airport for many DC area residents (including me), which also has better, cheaper parking options than either DCA or IAD. Not to mention no ride on any ancient, diesel exhaust belching, people movers just to get to your departure gate.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by CMHFlyerOH
I don't see anywhere in the Terms and Conditions that your departure city must be located in your state of residence or even where you live.

Why not pick some out of the way departure city in Alaska or Hawaii and cash in the ticket for someplace where you'd really want to go. Don't must US carriers allow you to cash in your non-refundable tickets with them directly and apply it to a new flight minus a small change fee. And a ticket from Hawaii or Alaska is going to approach at least $600+. Even with a change fee that would net you at least $500+ in airfare. Not bad for a $125 pants purchase you could probably return anyway (as most stores will accept copies of receipts for returns).
Now that is an interesting idea! ^
Old Jun 1, 2007, 9:40 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Originally Posted by senoreit
Now that is an interesting idea! ^
Depends on the endorsement... often, these types of tickets are restricted - the issuing agent gets the credit.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The part about listing 3 alternative destinations makes the offer almost worthless unless you are indifferent to where you go (not to mention the flight dates/times/carrier).

Sounds much worse than those nearly worthless companion ticket vouchers or eve bump tickets. But maybe worth doing the paperwork if you actually NEED Dockers. I don't plan to buy that brand or start shopping JCP, but YMMV.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 1:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Would it be a fair assumption that they're making you pick 3 departing/arrival destinations to minimize on cost?

So...if you were to put in ANC-MCO, HNL-BOS, and SEA-LAX, wouldn't SEA-LAX end up the likely choice anyway?
Old Jun 1, 2007, 1:44 pm

I interpret it as you pick one departure city and three destinations rather than three pairs.

E. Complete the Booking Form, including your selection of departure city and three different destination and date preferences, and return it to TLC Marketing at the address provided with the Booking Form. Photocopies and reproductions not accepted.
Old Jun 1, 2007, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
Another Way to make this deal a little better

I didn't see anyone mention ebates, which offers a 4% rebate on JCPenny.com ...... that could lead to a $5 rebate .... if you are a first time user of ebates, you get $5 for signing up from my link (I get $5 too) ......

[Referral Link removed as per TOS- go to ebates.com]

Mike

Last edited by VPescado; Jun 1, 2007 at 6:10 pm Reason: TOS violation
Old Jun 1, 2007, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, Priority Club Plat.
One more tidbit about the Dockers

If you are a big guy like me, one nice thing about this offer, jcpenny.com offers lots of big sizes of dockers that can't be found in the stores.

If fired up for this offer, because I can use the clothes anyways, so a free bonus west coast trip isn't a bad perk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.