Reload this Page >

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007, 9:03 pm

Is there any wording about when travel must be completed? I didn't see anything except:

The free flight voucher is valid until 7/31/08 all free flights must be booked prior to that date.
Is this a roundabout way of saying that travel must be completed by July?
Old May 31, 2007, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by thenewbie
Pain in the ...
Arse
Old May 31, 2007, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpdx
It might be wiser to discuss these issues via PM.
why is that?
Old May 31, 2007, 9:46 pm

Programs: TK C+, AA/AS nothing, BA nothing
huh..it has LAX, LGB and SNA but no BUR what gives..
Old May 31, 2007, 9:50 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
I would bite on this deal but no guarantee on routing they will use. It is easy to say I wish to fly NYC to Northern California - but I wouldn't do it if I'm stopping in Houston, Dallas or Atlanta so not too great of a deal in that regards.
Old May 31, 2007, 9:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
What does "qualifying purchases" exactly mean?
"pre-tax amount after application of all discounts, if any). "

so discounted items are ok?
Old May 31, 2007, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by LAX21
And even PSP.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:08 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LAX21
NW? They are the only major carrier to not fly into BUR. Maybe that is why it is excluded.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:21 pm

So it looks like you have to give 3 choices for: Destination city, outbound date, inbound date. And no choice of routing, and possibly no FFMs.

Wow. No thank you.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:37 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Wow-you can fly out of CAK but not CLE.
Guess that means these tickets won't be on AA or CO!

Last edited by ctownflyer; May 31, 2007 at 11:06 pm
Old May 31, 2007, 10:46 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
I guess if we eliminate enough cities airlines don't serve, we can figure out what carrier these tickets will be on
Old May 31, 2007, 10:51 pm

Programs: United Gold; HHonors Diamond
Here's my identical post from Fatwallet. DON'T DO IT!!! You'll regret it.

DON'T DO THIS PEOPLE!

I had a nearly identical offer from the same promotional company with the same airports at the same address in Boston. I got this offer from a test drive I did with Buick (or Mercury, one of those lame US car companies).

The redemption form REQUIRES you to choose 3 alternative destinations and 3 alternative travel dates. If you do not fill this out, then they will reject your redemption request and you will be left wondering if you would have otherwise wanted $125 worth of Dockers. I know this because this is exactly what happened to me.

So in summary, you'll have to do something like this:

Yes, hello promotional company. Nice to talk to you.
On either 1-8 June, or 9-16 June, or 17-24 June, I would like to travel from San Francisco to either Orlando, Las Vegas, or Boston.
Please let me know which of these trips I can take so that I can figure out what to do when I get there and book a hotel. Or maybe alternately, I'll need to cancel the other 8 hotel reservations that I made, one for each destination for each possible set of dates.

Trust me, it's not worth the headaches to entertain this offer.
Old May 31, 2007, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hellmutt
Here's my identical post from Fatwallet. DON'T DO IT!!! You'll regret it.

DON'T DO THIS PEOPLE!

I had a nearly identical offer from the same promotional company with the same airports at the same address in Boston. I got this offer from a test drive I did with Buick (or Mercury, one of those lame US car companies).

The redemption form REQUIRES you to choose 3 alternative destinations and 3 alternative travel dates. If you do not fill this out, then they will reject your redemption request and you will be left wondering if you would have otherwise wanted $125 worth of Dockers. I know this because this is exactly what happened to me.

So in summary, you'll have to do something like this:

Yes, hello promotional company. Nice to talk to you.
On either 1-8 June, or 9-16 June, or 17-24 June, I would like to travel from San Francisco to either Orlando, Las Vegas, or Boston.
Please let me know which of these trips I can take so that I can figure out what to do when I get there and book a hotel. Or maybe alternately, I'll need to cancel the other 8 hotel reservations that I made, one for each destination for each possible set of dates.

Trust me, it's not worth the headaches to entertain this offer.
Thanks for being the "voice of experience." I don't think the typical flyertalker would want to deal with that hassle. I guess it's really only worth the pain if you live someplace remote with high airfares (like Alaska).
Old Jun 1, 2007, 5:46 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
I'm pretty sure we could get miles for this despite their caveat.

Couldn't I do: I would like to travel from New York City to Las Vegas, San Francisco, or Los Angeles on Oct 6-7, Oct 13-14, or Oct 20-21 and ensure myself of a weekend trip out west?

You have to send the original receipt, but I don't see any reason one couldn't exchange the dockers for something else or store credit as well or why I couldn't get multiple tickets at multiple addresses and variations of my legal name.

Additionally, it is a limit of one voucher request per person / two per household, but they're transferable upon receipt, so wouldn't you be able to use as many as you can get your hands on by doing it in your family's names and addresses with their agreement?

Sounds like a lot of nearly free weekend mileage runs to me and not knowing/caring where I'm flying to is fine for a weekend out and back...

Thanks, OP. ^

peace,
~Ben~

Last edited by seoulmanjr; Jun 1, 2007 at 5:51 am
Old Jun 1, 2007, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by bob12403
For those of us who live in the Washington DC area, I find it remarkable that neither Washington Dulles nor Reagan National are included in the list of Departure Cities. Anyone interested in this promotion will have to shlepp out to BWI to get their free flight...

Let me get this right. You are complaining that you will have to take the $3.00 (roughly) metro and change over to BWI express metro bus to use your free airline ticket?

I have a tiny commercial airport 3 minutes from my house and I thought this deal was a heaven send even though I would have to take a $45 one way shuttle an hour to the Little Rock Airport.

Are we getting a little spoiled here?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.