Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2008, 3:24 pm

Arrow What's next!

Originally Posted by AJSpark
My postcard arrived yesterday. They're doing EVERYTHING to legally cover their @$$ for doing NOTHING. I'll be callng Levi Strauss tomorrow. Thanks for the contacts, soitgoes.

I'm wondering what it would take to mount a class action suit. This is absolutely inexcusable, clear consumer fraud, and they shouldn't be allowed to just postpone their way out of their legal obligations.

I wonder what's next for you. It wouldn't surprise me if TLC declared bankruptcy!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 5:18 pm

TLC doing things right???

A class action suit would be nice!!! I agree, they are doing just enough to cover their A**. I can't help but wonder whether they expected this as the T&C's say that you can't bring a class action suit. They also say that claims need to be filed in San Fransciso, CA, which is where Dockers is located, not TLC. Beings as they have already breached the T&C's, I wonder how these conditions would hold up.

They promised I would be contacted by a booking agent by today....but nothing. I will call them tomorrow as I didn't have time today.
Old Oct 6, 2008, 1:01 pm

Finally got the check for $125. Wonder if it will clear?

What a joke of a promotion. If the check clears I will buy more clothes. The clothes I bought last year are worn out now.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:34 pm

Finally heard from someone

Update....An email came from BCDTravel that was sent to my spam folder and looked like it was from Nigeria. After doing some research, I called BCDTravel who asked me to email my departure airport, requested dates and destination. They seem like they will get things done, but when I spoke with them over the phone, they said all travel had to be completed by June 30, 2009. Nevermind that I might not be able to get time off and that TLC Marketing let my September travel date pass without so much as a phone call. Someone from TLC called shortly after my outbound flight date and said a booking agent would call me. Had I not scanned my junk email, I wouldn't have seen this message. Noone has contacted my by phone. Still a joke, but I am going to make a trip someday.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 3:23 pm

Success, Finally getting airfare!!

Last update. After contacting BCD Leisure travel, I was informed that all travel under this promotion had to be completed by June 30, 2009. This ruined the possibility of my travel to my timeshare in September 2009. Those following this saga will remember that TLC let my chosen flight dates in September 2008 go by before anyone contacted me. The agent at BCD Leisure travel was very friendly, but said there were no flights out of my chosen airport, Orlando, FL. Good luck to anyone who wants to see Mickey Mouse in Orlando.... Anyhow, the agent offered a flight out of Tampa to San Francisco on my qualifying dates in April. Tampa is about 70 miles from where I live, so I wasn't happy. The agent understood and referred me back to TLC Marketing. Numerous phone calls to TLC, (by the way, Walter Osterman's phone extension goes to his assistant Susan Woods) I received a phone call back from Nelson at TLC. I gave Nelson the opportunity to book me out of Orlando to San Francisco or Los Angeles an any date from Jan 1, 09 thru May 30, 09. He said that I needed to try closer to my flight date as availabilty becomes greater closer to the current date. (Yeah, right???) So, I said book me any day after Oct 28, 09 thru the end of the year. Availability?? You guessed it, none. I ask about the $50 booking fee and where it was included in the "free" flight offer and Nelson said that nothing is really free and that section 2 of the fine print referred to additional fees. I asked if insurance was included as it too was mentioned in the fine print, same sentence, and he said that was additional. I asked why? He became agitated at my questioning and began to read a script. When I called him on that, he became non-caring. I ask that he have Walter Osterman's (CEO) office give me a call to answer these questions. This was two days ago. While waiting for TLC to call me back, I contacted Dockers again and refered to my case number. I explained that the offer did not make mention of secondary airports and how this was a major inconvienence. The very helpful Dockers associate said that I should take the flight as he has heard from many people over this offer, but this is one of the few times a flight has been offered. He checked into things and offered to send out a cash settlement equal to TLC's offer, $125, or that if I took the flight, he would look into Dockers making a cash settlement to cover my cost on transportation to Tampa, but it would need management approval. A couple of days later, approval came, but they didn't notify me. I found out when I called and Dockers said the settlement amount would be sent out when I booked the flight. I got busy and did my own search for the cheapest flight between Tampa and San Franscisco. When I found the one I wanted on Delta, I called BCD Leisure travel and sent the website to the agent. The agent called back later in the day and the flight was finally booked, albeit my wallet was $91+ lighter for taxes, fees, and the hidden booking fee. To me, Dockers came thru on their word, but TLC Marketing is the scurge of the earth. I urge all companies to stay away from this unreliable company. BCD Leisure Travel in Deerfield Beach, FL is to be commended for their patience in this being dumped in their lap and for their willingness to get the requested flights.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bakoboy
Finally got the check for $125. Wonder if it will clear?

What a joke of a promotion. If the check clears I will buy more clothes. The clothes I bought last year are worn out now.
Did the check clear? Are you really going to buy more Dockers after their participation in this ridiculous promo??

My postcard came 2 days after yours, but here we are two weeks after your check arrived, and I'm still waiting.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 8:30 pm

Thanks!
Old Oct 31, 2008, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by AJSpark
Did the check clear? Are you really going to buy more Dockers after their participation in this ridiculous promo??

My postcard came 2 days after yours, but here we are two weeks after your check arrived, and I'm still waiting.
I deposited the check and it hasn't come back-yet.
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:16 pm

Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bakoboy
I deposited the check and it hasn't come back-yet.
My check came yesterday. I guess we'll see if it clears.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 12:16 am

I opted for $150 cash compensation. I left a voice message confirming my choice, before the deadline, but until now they have not attempted to even contact me. Is there any way to find the status of my rebate?
Old Jul 18, 2009, 6:13 pm

finally success???!!!

I think I'm finally getting my flights. Like nearly everyone else in this thread, I was denied then put off over and over again.

I finally met success last week after calling 1-800 dockers and talking to Charlyne. After doing some checking with TLC (and me forwarding to her the e-mail I got last september from BCD Travel), my claim has apparently been approved. Levi Straus is evidently going to make it right. They put a $$ cap on the price of the tickets, but no date restricitons. I have two tickets booked from Cincinnati to San Francisco for next month.

I still have a lot of bad feeling (toward TLC) in this mess, but it looks like they have finally come through.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 6:32 pm

DOcker rebate

I haven't followed this thread in a while. I got the vouchers long ago but was never able to use them. If I have the email confirmation or vouchers, will Dockers do any sort of reimbursement at this point? My guess is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 1:50 am

Class Action Lawsuit

Just wanted to let those of you who haven't been able to resolve your ticketing problem that we have filed a class action lawsuit in Los Angeles this past July 13. Hopefully Dockers, JC Penneys and TLC will now pay attention.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 6:28 am

Dockers Class Action Lawsuit

Is there a link for joining the lawsuit? I'll try a google search as well. Thanks for the update.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Blast from the past!

Today a claim form for the class action suit regarding this deal showed up in my mailbox.....heads up.

www.flightpromotionsettlement.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.