Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

$125 Dockers = free roundtrip ticket

Old Apr 29, 08, 3:02 pm
  #226  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 145
Day 1 - Will mail voucher in today

I'm requesting travel from LAX to Boston, NYC, or Washington DC with departure on Aug 26, 27 or 28, return on Sept 2, 3, or 4. I'll post as things progress.

Has anyone been successful in re-booking the TLC reservations to other dates and/or destinations through the airline?
AJSpark is offline  
Old Apr 29, 08, 5:40 pm
  #227  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Lots of hassles here. I have been waiting for more than 3 weeks since I filed the request, and want to fly May 7. I already called the DOckers "concierge" 5 times...no sign of a booking agent, although they promised me that someone would call. Yesterday they said I should "not worry since the promotion has been extended because of overwhelming response"...Today they said that "some Airlines went bankrupt, creating lots of problems".

I cannot fly after the dates I requested, and told this repeatedly. I also filed with BBB but no response from anybody so far. Very frustrating, since I would fly in a week. TLC does not live up with the expectations it creates, saying that they "will contact us within 14 days". Let's keep complaining.
fistro is offline  
Old Apr 29, 08, 6:03 pm
  #228  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Posts: 3,954
Originally Posted by fistro View Post
...Today they said that "some Airlines went bankrupt, creating lots of problems". ...
Wow, what a bunch of bravo sierra... The airlines that went bankrupt that would possibly fly to those major cities on the Dockers list only flew from the following:
ATA (only cities that were on the Dockers list):
DFW - DC, Chicago, Detroit
OAK - Chicago
Hawaii - lots of locations but HI wasn't on the qualifying cities I believe

Skybus:
Columbus - ???

So how on earth could these two airlines cause any additional problems... that's such a load o' crab!
luv2ctheworld is offline  
Old Apr 30, 08, 12:57 pm
  #229  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BDL/PVD/BOS
Posts: 565
fistro, May 7? It's not going to happen. Rates will likely be too high for them to consider it whenever they get around to your voucher. Filing the BBB complaint should get someone to contact you, but no guarantees how quickly that will happen. Better start planning another date/destination for your voucher. You could book a flight further out & use those credits w/ the airline to book a flight that will actually work for your schedule.

AJSpark, I was able to change my NWA reservation to a different city & date combination, but I did have to 'pay' the NWA penalty.
thenewbie is offline  
Old May 2, 08, 7:49 pm
  #230  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: IL & AZ
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Posts: 3,647
Originally Posted by Bruegelpie View Post
I'm selling one voucher starting tomorrow on Ebay. You (and I) can see what results I get in a week's time.
I cannot image anyone bidding much with all the restrictions, communicaiton difficulties, taxes and fees, etc. I would not pay over $50 each and I know the ropes and have used the vounchers successfully. Of course, if you advertise for a RT to certain cities w/o all the "issues" attached, someone may buy and then be angry later. In fact, many of above got these vouchers for "free" and are angry.

On other hand, for $40, I may just be willing to gamble as it is a "game" to me anyway. But that is max. I would pay.
SAPMAN is offline  
Old May 2, 08, 8:24 pm
  #231  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: IL & AZ
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, WN CP, Latin Pass Bonus
Posts: 3,647
Originally Posted by Bruegelpie View Post
I'm selling one voucher starting tomorrow on Ebay. You (and I) can see what results I get in a week's time.
I cannot image anyone bidding much with all the restrictions, communicaiton difficulties, taxes and fees, etc. I would not pay over $50 each and I know the ropes and have used the vounchers successfully. Of course, if you advertise for a RT to certain cities w/o all the "issues" attached, someone may buy and then be angry later. In fact, many of above got these vouchers for "free" and are angry.

On other hand, for $40, I may just be willing to gamble as it is a "game" to me anyway. But that is max. I would pay.
SAPMAN is offline  
Old May 7, 08, 12:44 pm
  #232  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: none
Posts: 1
File Complaints against TLC

I strongly recommend that people who have experienced TLC Marketing's: (a) lies/communication failures ("our booking agent will call you within 14 days... within 3 to 5 days ... by tomorrow" ... yada, yada, yada); and (b) failure to provide free flight/e-ticket as required by the terms and conditions of the TLC/Docker's/Penney's free flight promotion, to file complaints with: 1. the Better Business Bureau (eastern region, state of MA) = currently 400+ complaints registered and growing daily; 2. the FTC Consumer Protection Agency; 3. Dockers (Levi Strauss Co.); 4. JC Penney; 4. TLC (via their main office as well as the promotion unit). The ground swell of complaints is growing - without which TLC Marketing will continue to rip people off in this and many of their other similar promotions (see TLC Marketing's main website for a list of SOME of their clients). All of TLC's clients need to be informed by consumers about TLC's business practices, failure to communicate, and failure to execute the terms of the promotions of which they have contracted with these clients. I've communicated with each of the aforementioned businesses, agencies, etc. Given continued failure on TLC's part, consumers (we) must communicate to TLC's clients that we do not appreciate the fact that they contract with a marketing firm that lies, does not return calls, and fails to abide by promotion procedures --- and that, in addition to pursuing redress through government agencies and legal means, consumers will alter their purchasing behavior --- i.e., think twice about purchasing goods from Penney's, Dockers/Levi Strauss, and the other clients who contract with TLC Marketing. Best of luck in getting your free fights and keep up the pressure.
DenTLCnis is offline  
Old May 7, 08, 1:01 pm
  #233  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Posts: 3,954
Originally Posted by SAPMAN View Post
I cannot image anyone bidding much with all the restrictions, communicaiton difficulties, taxes and fees, etc. I would not pay over $50 each and I know the ropes and have used the vounchers successfully. Of course, if you advertise for a RT to certain cities w/o all the "issues" attached, someone may buy and then be angry later. In fact, many of above got these vouchers for "free" and are angry.

On other hand, for $40, I may just be willing to gamble as it is a "game" to me anyway. But that is max. I would pay.
I recalled a few Dockers eBay listings being pulled due to violation of TOS. The few that got through to end of auction ranged anywhere from $100 to $200.

While FT'ers are more knowledgeable, there are many more who are not, and there are those who can really take benefit of this due to their remote home airport. The latter group would still stand to benefit after taxes/fees/jumping through hoops.
luv2ctheworld is offline  
Old May 7, 08, 1:03 pm
  #234  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LAX
Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Posts: 3,954
Originally Posted by DenTLCnis View Post
I strongly recommend that people who have experienced TLC Marketing's: (a) lies/communication failures ("our booking agent will call you within 14 days... within 3 to 5 days ... by tomorrow" ... yada, yada, yada); and (b) failure to provide free flight/e-ticket as required by the terms and conditions of the TLC/Docker's/Penney's free flight promotion, to file complaints with: 1. the Better Business Bureau (eastern region, state of MA) = currently 400+ complaints registered and growing daily; 2. the FTC Consumer Protection Agency; 3. Dockers (Levi Strauss Co.); 4. JC Penney; 4. TLC (via their main office as well as the promotion unit). The ground swell of complaints is growing - without which TLC Marketing will continue to rip people off in this and many of their other similar promotions (see TLC Marketing's main website for a list of SOME of their clients). All of TLC's clients need to be informed by consumers about TLC's business practices, failure to communicate, and failure to execute the terms of the promotions of which they have contracted with these clients. I've communicated with each of the aforementioned businesses, agencies, etc. Given continued failure on TLC's part, consumers (we) must communicate to TLC's clients that we do not appreciate the fact that they contract with a marketing firm that lies, does not return calls, and fails to abide by promotion procedures --- and that, in addition to pursuing redress through government agencies and legal means, consumers will alter their purchasing behavior --- i.e., think twice about purchasing goods from Penney's, Dockers/Levi Strauss, and the other clients who contract with TLC Marketing. Best of luck in getting your free fights and keep up the pressure.

Would you mind posting some kind of form letter(s) in regards to the items listed above? I think the letters are a fine idea, but most people will not be moved to send a letter to each of those entities unless they already have a generic form version they can then customize. This would definitely accelerate the number of complaints they receive once a template is available.
luv2ctheworld is offline  
Old May 13, 08, 11:49 am
  #235  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Trying since February

Newbie here. I came here because of this issue.

I applied for my booking back in February. My original trip dates were to be in April and they failed to get me contacted for that, so I changed my dates to June. I've been calling the concierge line twice a week since the third week of April and have finally had enough. They keep telling me they have escalated my call, but nothing ever happens.

I've sent an email to JCPenney now, seeing if they can apply some pressure

I have contacted TLC. Interestingly the email bounced back (I wonder how they get new clients?) I called and attempted to use their aplpha directory to find Mr. Osterman and no names come up matching. I left a message asking for a call back or my next call will be to MA attorney general. I have filed the complaint form with BBB and their profile on the company does stated that they've had 481 compalints in the last 36 months, but that all 481 have been resolved, so I'm hopeful that that's the squeaky wheel they seem to respond to.

So, my final thought is that they're going to 1099 me for the "value" of this trip and it's going to be some trumped up value...anybody experienced this? (I'm guessing anybody who's successfully gotten flights has no reason to check back here, but just curious.)
IARainman is offline  
Old May 13, 08, 5:32 pm
  #236  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BDL/PVD/BOS
Posts: 565
Originally Posted by IARainman View Post
Newbie here. I came here because of this issue.
I have filed the complaint form with BBB and their profile on the company does stated that they've had 481 compalints in the last 36 months, but that all 481 have been resolved, so I'm hopeful that that's the squeaky wheel they seem to respond to.
You did the right thing by filing a BBB complaint. TLC should respond to this within a week or so. Just be ready with dates and destinations that might work with your schedule.
So, my final thought is that they're going to 1099 me for the "value" of this trip and it's going to be some trumped up value...anybody experienced this?
You shouldn't have any 1099 problems, as they won't send you one. Regardless of this, you probably will be able to see how much TLC paid for your ticket on the selected airline's website.
thenewbie is offline  
Old May 14, 08, 1:31 pm
  #237  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2
Success

So, I filed the compalints yesterday and lo and behold I got the call today and got my flights booked. I'm thinking that it's most likely the camplaint I made via JC Penney that got me action. I think me BBB complaint went via mail, so I don't think they even got it yet.

So, my suggestion is to go to the JC Penney website and send their email form, they responded right away and seem to have gotten action for me.
IARainman is offline  
Old May 19, 08, 1:24 pm
  #238  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Programs: WN, AA, HHonors Gold, Hertz 5*
Posts: 145
Originally Posted by thenewbie View Post
AJSpark, I was able to change my NWA reservation to a different city & date combination, but I did have to 'pay' the NWA penalty.

Thanks for the info. If you're willing to say, what was your total cost, after paying the taxes and fees for the original voucher reservations, plus the change fee?

Something tells me I'm going to be sorry for doing this. At least my hubby got some nice shirts!
AJSpark is offline  
Old May 19, 08, 7:27 pm
  #239  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BDL/PVD/BOS
Posts: 565
NW receipt shows fare plus taxes: $269.xx
My charge from TLC for taxes: $87.xx (includes $25 TLC junk fee)

NW's change fee was $100 but I found a lower fare for a different city pair so I only paid an additional $41.xx out of pocket to NW.

Originally they wanted to book me on USAir, but there wasn't a chance I was going to accept anything through PHL or on USAir. Luckily cheap NW flights were available. Keep checking your options and it doesn't hurt if you have some alternate flights ready. Good luck with your reservation!
thenewbie is offline  
Old May 28, 08, 4:09 am
  #240  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1
Losing sleep over this dockers thing.

[QUOTE=thenewbie;9749475]NW receipt shows fare plus taxes: $269.xx
My charge from TLC for taxes: $87.xx (includes $25 TLC junk fee)

NW's change fee was $100 but I found a lower fare for a different city pair so I only paid an additional $41.xx out of pocket to NW.
QUOTE

Ok, Here's the deal. I mailed in the infamous Dockers vouchers- finally- and chose the most expensive destination for us which is San Francisco as 1st pick. We had much rather go to Seattle but of course that's not an option...or is it? Do you think we have a good chance of changing the dates and destination with the airline after they book us(If they book us)? I would hate to get stuck with the tickets to San Franciso but being the higher priced ticket, it would be the best way to offset change fees. Should I just forget all this and take a trip to Boston? Were not trying to get away with anything, (although that's what it sounds like) we would just really like to head to the NW.
Campfire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread