Reload this Page >

Too few itineraries phobia -

Old Apr 6, 07, 6:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

After this weekend, my future itineraries will drop to 5. It is 1 less than my personal craving is comfortable with. Do any others get this feeling and what is your number?

It has been 4 weeks since I have been on a plane and I am just so antsy.

To the moderator - I have no idea which forum to post this in. It has nothing to do with mileage runs. I posted here because I recognize a lot of handles here. Please move to the appropriate forum.
Old Apr 6, 07, 6:41 pm

Programs: nada these days
Oh, good, I'm not the only one. I feel inadequate unless I have at least two. If I'm down to one, it's mileage run time!
Old Apr 6, 07, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, a FT related sensation I have never had! Wow, maybe I am sane?
Old Apr 6, 07, 7:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Before this year, I rarely had more than one or two booked at a time. I still find it strange to see four or five in my list, especially as a plan even more!
Old Apr 6, 07, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.857 MM; HH Diamond
At any given time I have between 1 and 2 scheduled.

Had a flight today, next is Monday/Tuesday, then that is it.

Typically scheduled no more than 3 weeks out, average probably 2 weeks, often less than 1.

TD
Old Apr 6, 07, 7:37 pm

Most of my travel is seasonal, with a big trough in the winter. I wouldn't quite classify it as a "phobia," but my general anxiety level builds over the winter, is slightly relieved as I start to book trips for the spring and beyond, and is finally sufficiently relieved as I actually start to travel.

I don't think it's the altitude or airplane cabin that relieve my anxiety. Rather, it's simply being unavailable. I'm basically always "on call" when I'm at home. I can't be reached in the air, and "can't do anything about it" when I'm out of town.
Old Apr 6, 07, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm the exact opposite. The fewer, the better.
Old Apr 6, 07, 8:16 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
I am going through withdrawal too! But watch out Aug/Sept/Oct... I am quite sure I'll be over 8+ itineraries at any given time.
Old Apr 7, 07, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by hsxagent View Post
I am going through withdrawal too! But watch out Aug/Sept/Oct... I am quite sure I'll be over 8+ itineraries at any given time.
I think that I may be meeting you in Zurich on my last scheduled itinerary of the year. I will book more as prices drop and as I accrue more vacation time. Another phobia - I always like to keep 2 weeks in the bank.
Old Apr 7, 07, 3:41 am

Programs: BA, UA
Originally Posted by UNITED959 View Post
I'm the exact opposite. The fewer, the better.
I felt like that last month but this month I'm getting itchy and currently sympathising with the OP
Especially after learning yesterday, BA lounges have champagne, you just have to ask for it. I departed London airports some 20 times last year and I didn't know about it.

Now I just want to fly to have champagne in the lounge argh
Old Apr 7, 07, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA GS, 0.8MM
I have zero right now. <shaking>
Old Apr 7, 07, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: United 1K, HHonors Gold, MR Gold
I experience withdrawal symptoms when I don't have a holiday to plan. Mr Canuck and I just got back from a) Corsica (with Mrs Canuck-in-law) and b) La Rochelle. I've planned our wedding anniversary trip to Budapest for late April, my trip to New York and Vancouver for early May and the "hooray I've quite my job and it's over" trip to the Canary Islands for mid-June. Thankfully, I still have to make bookings for a) the weekend wine tour with my dad and Mr Canuck in June; b) the "yes, honey, I'll climb in the mountains with you as long as I get to stay in a really nice hotel" trip to Switzerland in July; c) the post-packing, pre-move tour of Loire chateaux in July; and d) the move to New York in July. And, even better, it seems that we need to spend as much time as possible outside the US once we start work in August (for tax reasons), so I've started planning a scuba holiday in Bonaire for October and Christmas with my dad and Mr. Canuck somewhere in the Caribbean.

When I don't have my own trips to plan, I plan other people's trips.
Old Apr 7, 07, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA MM, DL PM, UA MM, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by redbeard911 View Post
I have zero right now. <shaking>
Earlier this year I had NO itineraries showing up for several weeks. It felt....really weird!

For some reason I feel better if at least ONE trip is showing under 'My Itineraries'!
Old Apr 7, 07, 2:56 pm

Since I have not travelled for work (or worked for that matter) for 7 years, now the trips in the hopper are either visiting family or vacation.

Usually the day after we return from a trip we flesh out all of the details of the next trip (or make new reservations) if there isn't one scheduled.

I thought we were alone in that.
Old Apr 7, 07, 9:27 pm

If you book 11 months in advance then you should have at least 1 show up

Search this Thread