Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are you irritated when a f/a concentrates service/attn to certain pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are you irritated when a f/a concentrates service/attn to certain pax?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:31 pm

Mr Zhu would like to offer his humblest of apologies for monopolizing the FAs attention. He has tried to get them to stop. But alas, what can he do???? He is Mr Zhu afterall

Nachtswerg, sorry not to have the chance to chat with you but in the future please do not be intimated by Mr Zhu. After all, he can’t help being beautiful! :-: :-:
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by rufflesinc
unless they got married in their teens, this would qualify them as an elderly couple.
Interesting that you would think 60+ is elderly given that CNN carried a video clip yesterday proclaiming that 60 is the new sexy.

"60 is the new sexy
60-something actresses in Hollywood seem to be the new sexy. Showbiz Tonight's Sibila Vargas reports. (March 14)"
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by MrZhu
Mr Zhu would like to offer his humblest of apologies for monopolizing the FAs attention. He has tried to get them to stop. But alas, what can he do???? He is Mr Zhu afterall

Nachtswerg, sorry not to have the chance to chat with you but in the future please do not be intimated by Mr Zhu. After all, he can’t help being beautiful! :-: :-:
Did Mr. Zhu get his ice cream?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Did Mr. Zhu get his ice cream?
Mr Zhu would like to avail himself of one of your time honored U.S. tradition and take the amendment of the fifth.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: AA Platunum
It wouldn't bother me if a F/A paid more attention to another passenger as long as they didn't ignore me.

As far as the wine gift.....hopefully at one time or another we'll all be a recipient. I've been given a bottle of excellent champagne on one flight and a whole box of chocolates on another. It's nice to get a turn at those gestures and I don't begrudge others when their time comes.

If I were in your situation, I honestly would have been annoyed at having to ask for more wine when the people next to me are getting refills and my glass is sitting empty. Additionally, the annoyance factor is compounded by the couple's loudness so that you can't close your eyes and tune it out.
If you're the friendly type, you could have perhaps said to her with a smile "Everytime you give them a refill, would you mind pouring a splash or two over here also?" I'm sure she would have happily done so.

So, it's just one of those things. Nothing to really complain about, but a fair rant on this board.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:54 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Redbeard 911 writes:

60's isn't elderly...maybe 80's. Punki is way away from either.
You are so right, but in reality I am away from 60 in the "been there" direction.

Thank you, MissJoeyDFW for reminding us that 60 is the new sexy.

When I do become 90 and elderly, please forgive me if my hearing fails and I end up speaking too loudly. Sadly, there are many people who do begin to lose there hearing in their 60s, so maybe we should cut them a little slack when they speak to loudly as well.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:26 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
A couple of years back Mrs Northants JP and I were on a flight to SFO from LHR. Pretty much throughout the flight one of the male cabin crew was what can only be described as flirting and chatting-up the man seated in the row immediately in front of us. He was standing chatting there with him for extended periods. Over the durtation of the flight we estimated he was probably chatting with the man on and off for over 2 hours.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: Everything and everywhere. Officially a nomad
I think we need to do away with "elderly" completely. If we must describe people by relative age (relative only to the speaker and therefore meaningless), "older" would seem to suffice.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:25 pm

Eh? Losing hearing? In their 60s? is that what you said sonny?

Forget the 60s. I'm 38 and can't hear well. Many conversations I can just hear that something is being said, not the words themselves... and it's much worse if there is background noise.... say, like on a plane.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM
I guess we should all be glad we haven't been on a flight with Dovster on it, he would have ALL of the FA's attention and we would never get served, unless there were a male FA aboard.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Eh? Losing hearing? In their 60s? is that what you said sonny?

Forget the 60s. I'm 38 and can't hear well. Many conversations I can just hear that something is being said, not the words themselves... and it's much worse if there is background noise.... say, like on a plane.
Must be a professional hazard of accounting.

Have you been tested? I was concerned that I was missing a lot, but only when there was background noise. I had my hearing tested and the doctor confirmed that it was a brain problem and my ears work fine.

Several family members have had their ears cleaned at the doctor's office and report an improvement. Wax buildup can cause hearing loss and it's quite reversible. I will warn you that the cleaning process is not painless, though. Not something you can fix at home with an application of Pledge.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
Many conversations I can just hear that something is being said, not the words themselves... and it's much worse if there is background noise.... say, like on a plane.
I've had that problem since I was in my mid-thirties. I've had a tentative diagnosis of otosclerosis, but the only remedy offered has been invasive surgery, so I've lived with it. I know what you mean about hearing conversations but not words though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.