Search

Do you like curved shower rods?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:16 am
das
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AA Gold
Do you like curved shower rods?

Curved shower rods seem to be the latest rage in newer or renovated hotels. Personally I don't like them, because making the shower area more roomy makes it colder. Anyone else feel the same way?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
I personally like them since many hotel bath/showers are so small that there is no way to avoid having the nasty curtain touching me when they aren't curved. I don't entirely trust that hotel staff completely sanitizes the entire curtain after every guest so I'd prefer to not have the curtain attempting to stick to me when I shower.

(Then again, I also don't care about hot since too much steam/heat drys out my skin - so the cooler effect may be a benefit for me.)
Old Feb 4, 2007, 8:27 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
I ~love~ the curved rods. At my size, I like the extra space. The straight rods make the shower area too narrow.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I do like them. Combine a narrow shower area with a straight rod and a stream of water that pulls the curtain into the shower area, and you continually rub up against or get caught up in the curtain. I appreciate it being held out and away, which I think is the purpose.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:05 am

Love them.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by das
Curved shower rods seem to be the latest rage in newer or renovated hotels. Personally I don't like them, because making the shower area more roomy makes it colder. Anyone else feel the same way?
No.

Can't you just turn the water warmer if you feel cold?
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott Plat LT, HH Gold, IHG Plat, WoH Discvst, Hertz PC
Curved shower curtain rods are GREAT!!!

I like the "extra" room at the torso and above, and (so far, for whatever reason) none of the curtains on the curved rods have "billowed" in from the bottom.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:29 am

Programs: Cruise addict and AirBNB Plat :)
I like them ^
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Plt, Hyatt Plt
I think they're great. Makes the shower feel bigger and keeps the curtain out of the way.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:36 am

anyone know where to buy them for home use? Not exactly one of the "Heavenly Bed accessories"
Rita
Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rkt10
anyone know where to buy them for home use? Not exactly one of the "Heavenly Bed accessories"
Rita
I love them. You can buy them at places like home depot/lowe's/bed bath and beyond. They run between $30-$50, and it really doesn't seem like the lower priced ones are much different from the more expensive ones. I think they were cheapest at lowe's.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:14 am

Programs: Dirt Status w/ All
I prefer glass doors, but the curved is much better when you are dealing with a curtain.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: UA
I love them, too. You can buy them as mentioned above, but need to keep in mnd that they are permanent fixtures. I can't install one in my rental unit, but if I move to a place that allows it, I definitely will!
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:19 am

Programs: Steerage
Love them so much I installed one at home. I stayed in a place without one the other day and couldn't believe how cramped I felt. I haven't noticed it being colder, and I'm usually cold in the shower.
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by rkt10
Rita
You can buy them from Marriott (www.shopmarriott.com). About $45.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.