Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Dog Upgraded to Business Class on Czech Air

Old Jan 18, 07, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL (CCR), Starwood LT Plat (Amb), EK Plat

I think I have seen it all now!! I was flying Czech Air to MAN and was in the 1st row. Once boarding was complete the air stewardess brought a dog on board in a carry-cage and strapped the cage into the seat behind me. The whole 2nd row was empty so I guess they thought it was OK.

Anybody else seen this???
Old Jan 18, 07, 1:43 pm
boa

Programs: UA 1MM 1K and constantly changing status in a bunch of Hotel programs
Well, on the United forum, there is a story on a cat in transit from Europe to the US. He got out of his crate and was apparently lost on the plane for 3 weeks. As soon as the cat is rehydrated and gets the vet's okay, a United rep is hand carrying him on a flight back to his owner. Maybe this dog had a similar adventure and is getting the star treatment to atone.

Lost Cat
Old Jan 18, 07, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Staff/Non-Rev flight? My second thought was Inspector Rex
Old Jan 19, 07, 12:03 am
Community Director

I was on an Emirates flight from Karachi to Dubai years ago. One of the royal families of the UAE had their falcons, as they had been bustard hunting in Pakistan. These birds can be worth upwards of $1MM each. They had seats in the F cabin, 2 birds to a seat, as well as the entire last row in coach. There they had a perch that held 4 birds.
Old Jan 19, 07, 10:45 am

A few years ago while on a fishing trip in the Kamchatna area of Eastern Russia I was on a flight where a dog and his master (who had on a uniform that looked like a 5 star general) were behind me -- but we were all in coach.
The dog occupied a seat for the whole flight -- but never used his (her) seat belt.
Old Jan 20, 07, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, VA Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
Czech air seems pretty liberal about upgrading anyone who DOESN'T have Skyteam Elite or Elite Plus status, except for OK Gold/Silver Members!
Old Jan 22, 07, 3:56 am

I wasn't on the flight in question, but it was widely reported in October of 2000 that two women, accompanied by a 300-pound pig flew in first class on a US Airways flight from PHL to SEA.

According to one eyewitness, it took four people to wheel it in, past security and to the gate. The women claimed that the pig was a therapeutic service animal.

After the flight landed in Seattle, the pig became unruly as the Boeing 757 taxied to the gate, and reportedly ran loose through the aircraft, squealed loudly and tried to enter the cockpit.

According to first hand reports, the pig took refuge in the food galley, where it refused to budge. Finally, someone lured the pig from the galley with food. The two female owners could not control the beast, and it reportedly defecated on the jetway after exiting the aircraft.

Associated Press report on CNN

Mike
Old Jan 22, 07, 10:40 am
In memoriam

I think I was sitting next to that pig on a recent AA flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: