Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus A333/2s

Aer Lingus A333/2s

Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Aer Lingus A333/2s

Hey,

Well we all know EI's fleet is pretty poor when it comes to IFE. However, I know one of their planes, EI-DAA is nice inside; PTVs etc. I'm wondering if anyone knows for example, which one it is on the EI booking system (or is there another way to find which flight its scheduled on?)

Here's the details according to EI:

April 2: EI145 (DUB-LAX) - Aircraft: 33Z
April 17: EI124 (ORD-DUB) Airbus Industrie A330

Now I have a feeling the Chicago one isnt EI-DAA as they never use that.. but any ideas about 33Z? What aircraft would it be?

and PS: on the LAX-ORD routes, does AA always use MD-88s? I've never known on a MD.. and to be honest I'm a bit edgy about them. I think I've been watching too much Air Crash Investigation, but they always seem to be having problems!!

Thanks!

Matt
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:32 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by MDTyKe
...and PS: on the LAX-ORD routes, does AA always use MD-88s?
AA doesn't have any MD-88s in their fleet, so zero chance of an MD-88 on LAX-ORD. AA does have hundreds of MD-80s (which are a bit older than MD-88s), and many of the LAX-ORD flights will be using that plane type. There is at least one daily LAX-ORD flight on a 763, which is much nicer.

As for EI's plane allocation strategy, LAX-DUB gets the best planes most of the time, followed by JFK and BOS. ORD gets the worst planes. Or so it seems. But you already know the reason to fly EI is the cheap price, and not the quality of the experience.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by number_6
AA doesn't have any MD-88s in their fleet, so zero chance of an MD-88 on LAX-ORD.
Correct.

Originally Posted by number_6
AA does have hundreds of MD-80s (which are a bit older than MD-88s),
Incorrect. An MD-88 is an MD-80. As are the MD-82's and MD-83's that AA flies.

It's the MD-80 series, of which the MD-81, 82, 83, 87, and 88 are members.

Last edited by AndrewC75; Jan 3, 2007 at 9:29 am
Old Jan 3, 2007, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
and PS: on the LAX-ORD routes, does AA always use MD-88s? I've never known on a MD.. and to be honest I'm a bit edgy about them. I think I've been watching too much Air Crash Investigation, but they always seem to be having problems!!
Actually, that show has only covered two MD-80 crashes, of which one (Alaska 261) was the fault of the aircraft. AA 1420's crash was really due to landing in unacceptable weather conditions without using spoilers.

(The show airs irregularly as "Air Emergency" on the National Geographic Channel in the US. I actually find it interesting, but nervous flyers might not.)
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
Does anyone know what aircraft will be operating that day? How can I find out?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.