Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chartering Plane to Phx

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2006, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Chartering Plane to Phx

I am trying to charter a commercial Jet to Phx for about 250 passengers for the BCS game from Jacksonville, Florida. Anyone have a good company that can help?

Thanks!!!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

why not call airlines directly?
Old Dec 4, 2006, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

That is what I was going to do, but thought there might be a travel agent out there that would do this for me for a comission of course. I don't have a ton of time to make all the calls myself.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

if you have amex plat you could call them, or you could call virtuoso if you dont.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:34 pm

Southwest charters flights for a pretty good price. If you are looking for the cheapest cost, check them out. They will even fly into and out of airports that they don't usually serve. Sports teams seem to be the #1 market southwest charters to because of price.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I hope you've got hotel rooms for that weekend already. Everything is pretty well sold out.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 5:48 am

Programs: BA
You may well find that the group fare on the regular airlines (maybe split across a couple of flights) still works out notably cheaper, especially if your numbers do not match exactly the charter plane's capacity. They don't have to position in empty or have the crew sat in a hotel and the aircraft not earning revenue while you are at the game.

As you are in Jacksonville there are no based charter operators there so you want someone coming from not too far away, with aircraft that can handle the flight nonstop. I could start with :

http://www.miamiair.com
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Called Miamiair and they don't have room. Trying Southwest now.

Would southwest have a plane that can make that trip (Jax-phx) without stopping?

Anyone know of a travel agent that handles this?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:57 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by jr1202sr
Look in your Yellow Pages under Air Charter Brokers.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:05 pm

Called Miamiair and they don't have room. Trying Southwest now.

Would southwest have a plane that can make that trip (Jax-phx) without stopping?

Yes. They operate plenty of transcons.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 3:17 pm

I am trying to charter a commercial Jet to Phx for about 250 passengers for the BCS game from Jacksonville, Florida. Anyone have a good company that can help?

Thanks!!!
With 250 passengers, you'd need two planes if you're looking at Southwest. Their highest capacity 737 holds 141 (IIRC) passengers. But if you looked at other carriers operating widebody aircraft, then you might get away with one aircraft. But I have no idea as to how much chartering a 767 or 777 maybe vs. buying 250 published or group rate tickets. Also suggest looking at Frontier has they charter sporting teams also, however their A319 holds 132 passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.