Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I bribed the passenger in front of me to not recline his seat

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by wanaflyforless
You should be ashamed of yourselves!
Again, to the above posters, do you want other flyers to treat you with a similar amount of respect?
You have to read our responses in the context of the OP's other "classic" TravelBuzz threads. They weren't meant to be serious, or at least mine wasn't.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I usually don't recline if there is someone behind me. Last night on a CRJ (by the way, I had plenty of space in front of my knees, I'm 5'6") the person behind me was kicking the seat back, jiggling her tray, so I reclined.... screw trying to make her a bit comfortable. I actually forgot to put my seat back up before landing and was told to do so by the FA... first time in a long time that I got scolded by the FA.

BTW, great topic by the OP. ^

Originally Posted by davidcalgary29
You have to read our responses in the context of the OP's other "classic" TravelBuzz threads. They weren't meant to be serious, or at least mine wasn't.
Either is my reply.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by nimeta
I have often kicked the seat in front repeatedly when the reclining has been very intrusive.

It usually works
This is when I get out of my seat with my drink and it happens to spill on you by accident

Last edited by herzmeh; Dec 1, 2006 at 4:10 pm
Old Dec 1, 2006, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA dirt... and btw, THE innovator of the phrase 'gate lice'. Yeah, that's right.
Can a mod please change the thread title to read, "I just got snowed by the passenger in front of me"?

TIA
Old Dec 1, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: NW Gold and now Delta Gold
PTravel is my new hero. I will lift a glass to you, sir! ^

Originally Posted by PTravel
Absolutely!

Back in pre-9/11 days, someone tried this stunt when I was flying with my wife and mother. After ignoring the FA's instructions to knock it off, the kicker was met by the police when we landed. We were nice, and chose not to press charges for battery. However, we could have.

Don't like the seat in front of you reclined? Ask nicely and give a good reason ("My knees are crushed and I'm in pain" is a very good reason. "I can't read my paper or use my laptop" is not) and I'll probably accommodate you. Start kicking my seat and I'll have you arrested.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
What a magnificant story.
I know how you feel. This has happened a few times to me. It always seems to be foreign locals on CRJ flights to Lima, Peru causing this. I don't know if this is a coincidence or if poverty-stricken people don't know how to behave on a plane.
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tom911
Which airline do you have all these problems on?
Infinite Airlines, surely you remember that gem of Ftalk past ( not to mention the 12 year old CEO)

mike
Old Dec 1, 2006, 8:12 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Didn't they offer international service from Little Rock?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:40 pm

This threads were silly.

Last edited by ajc1970; Dec 2, 2006 at 7:40 am
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by greenery
I read somewhere that Southwest Airlines has decided to change the seats to not let them recline back as far. The article went on to say that Continental Airlines allows the seats to go back the furthest. Remind me not to fly on that Airline.
So did the incident in this thread occur on CO? You're a CO flyer?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 3:41 pm

Programs: UGS, AA CK
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
I think that's the point. I do it too. If the person in front of me reclines, they get a really unpleasant ride.
if you did that on my flight, i'd pay the kid behind you $100 to constantly do the same to you. you have the right to recline your seat on a flight. if you don't want to deal w/ close quarters, maybe you should think about coughing up the extra $$$ to pay for a first class seat...
Old Dec 4, 2006, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 3mm Plat
Having tried the knee defender and having found it lacking, I now carry a handy garrotte with me on every flight.

It's simple! It's effective! It lets all around you know that only your comfort is important ... and that they better take notice.

Easily made at home ... send $20 - $10 now and $10 after your first peaceful flight - for easily to follow instruction manual.

http://www.museumofworldwarii.com/Im...arrottelge.gif

p.s. Warning: use of this device may result in the person in the seat two rows ahead experience the annoyance of someone kicking their seat repeatedly, but only for a short period of time.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:04 am

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Holy cow! Praise the Lord for platinum upgrades.

Flying with half of you is like entering an arena to fight the ancient Pankration.

Yikes!
Old Dec 4, 2006, 8:57 am

Programs: UA 1K
I had an interesting first-time experience on a MU flight in China last night. I had work to do on my laptop computer -- no way around it. When the woman in front of me reclined, I had to rearrange my (tiny) laptop so that my keyboard is against my stomach to keep working. I subscribe to the "you're entitled to recline even if I will hate you for it" school, so I just minded my business. After about 5 minutes, one of the FAs told the PAX that I looked uncomfortable and asked her to put her seat back up. I told the FA and the PAX that I was fine, but the PAX put the seat back up anyway.

FWIW, I am a firm believer in incentives, and I thought that the OP's agreement to pay for more room is pretty clever.
Old Dec 4, 2006, 9:05 am
Suspended

Even more disconcerting than this whole silly thread is the number of posters who actually takes ( and any other thread started from the same source, some under different names) this stuff seriously

Search is your friend folks

mike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.