Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

You Know You are in First Class When....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You Know You are in First Class When....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 4:53 pm

When you say jokingly to the FA that your wife back in coach would kill for one of the ice cream sundaes... and he actually goes back and brings one to her!
Old Oct 13, 2007, 7:01 am

...when you bring your two year-old into first class with you and a grumpy couple look back at you because you had the gall to bring a toddler into F.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:07 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
...when you are just settling into your seat, enjoying a sip of champagne while perusing the menu, and looking forward to 14.5 hours of blissful peace and quiet, then you hear the commotion before you look back and see the little darling who will spread noise and germs through the cabin for the duration, and your mood goes from bliss to grumpy in 5.55 seconds.

And you know you're out of First Class when you step into a cab on the other side of the world and you're already coughing and your nose is running faster than the meter thanks to....

Really happened: SQ 002, SIN-HKG-SFO, Jan. 2, 2007

Last edited by MegatopLover; Oct 13, 2007 at 8:26 am
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:39 am
Suspended

Your plane ticket says first class.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:56 am

(domestic US)

When you sip pre-departure OJ and read, but can't really focus because every other Y pax walking past, remarks sarcastically how these big seats are a waste of money.

When you want to stay awake and check out the AVOD, as well as get some work done on empower'd laptop, but falls asleep anyways.

When you do not bother watching the boarding pax to see if the seat next to you will stay empty.

Upon reaching your seat on a redeye flight, when you can slowly put things away, instead of immediately look for spare pillows and blankets.

When you take water bottle and snacks out of your bag, then put them back because you realized it won't be needed here.

When you zombie shuffle forward to disembark, walk into a new section, look around, and think to yourself 'these seats sure look nice, but I'd rather fly more trips with 25K saver awards".

(how do you know you're NOT in F?)

On UA, when you hold a light yellow BP with "First" printed, then you see the dreaded sight .. O M G ... NO WAY ... a TED Airbus 320 rolls up to your gate.

Last edited by bhmlurker; Oct 13, 2007 at 9:03 am
Old Oct 13, 2007, 9:00 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
On Continental, you hear FT's complaining about ruining the integrity of the F cabin... Get over yourselves...

When everyone in the cabin has a god complex.

When you are the only one in the cabin who remembers to say please and thank you to the FA's.

When you feel like you are back in the golden age of flying... in coach.

When there is a football sized little yipping dog under the seat and the Paris Hiltonesque owner can't be bothered to try to shut it up.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 9:56 am

Programs: Delta GM, US Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by DebbieS
That deserves a whole other thread.... I thought I was the only one who felt that way...
Happens to me too. Most evident for me on JAL to NRT and especially on LH to Munich or Frankfurt with a cabin filled to the gills with bankers.

As for when I know I'm in First Class... when I am the youngest in the cabin.

And sadly, even at 36 I'm still usually the youngest in the cabin.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
When your seat neighbour tries to be louder on his blackberry and sound more important than the guy behind you...and then the guy behind him...and so on
Old Oct 13, 2007, 1:50 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
When your seat neighbour tries to be louder on his blackberry and sound more important than the guy behind you...and then the guy behind him...and so on
In those situations, I make it obvious I'm listening or appear that I'm taking notes of what they're saying....shuts them up pretty quick.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:56 pm

Programs: MP, 1K 1MM
when...

there's too much of stuff too good to eat and drink, and you start to feel sleepy and lament you can't stay awake for more of the "fun," so you just decide, "What the ...." and push the button 'til you're lying flat and staring at the ceiling which gets... dimmer... and ..blurrier... until....z z.zzz^
Old Oct 13, 2007, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver
Unless you are on Virgin, you cannot sleep naked.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stefferdoos
a cabin filled to the gills with bankers.
I fear you may have misspelled the last word slightly.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by graraps
I fear you may have misspelled the last word slightly.
Say w-w-w-w-w-w-w-what?
Old Oct 13, 2007, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS
When the food is actually worth eating.

When the person seated next to you doesn't have their arm pressed to your stomach.

When everyone walking passing you takes a jealous look at you as you spread out.

When you've been in the air more than on the ground or spent more on your ticket than your car.
Old Oct 13, 2007, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
When you are comfortable.

We only fly about 125,000 miles a year, but I can guarantee you that we wouldn't even be doing that much if we had to fly in coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.