Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

International Flight with hyphenated name

Old Sep 12, 2006, 11:06 am
Original Poster

I'm flying to Italy on Continental and also within Italy on Altialia on my tickets it is only my married name. My passport has my maiden name and then my married name. It is hyphenated. I spoke with the airline and they said they would have to reissue the tickets and there was a chance I would lose the alitalia flight. They put and Attention Alert in the record and said that would be fine instead of reissuing the tickets and taking a chance on losing the seats. Should I be concerened that they won't let me travel?
Old Sep 12, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: hardly any
The name ... must match ...

The name on the passport must match the name on the air ticket. If one is different from the other, you simply must get them both aligned correctly.

There is no point in waiting; you really should have the matter corrected sooner than later! By the way, why DID you purchase the ticket with a name different from your passport name?
Old Sep 13, 2006, 2:50 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
Please continue the discussion in TravelBuzz!

----------
essxjay
Travel Safety/Security moderator
Old Sep 13, 2006, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Welcome to FT!

I would get this matter resolved ASAP. The longer you wait, the greater the chance you have of losing your second flight! If these is a chance of a problem with your connection, it only gets worse with time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.