Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

List of World-wide Airlines which interline with Other Airlines

Old Sep 8, 06, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum

Is there a general web site detailing which airlines does any given airline interline with?
Old Sep 8, 06, 9:07 pm

Programs: TK E+, BA Gold, Marriott/HH Gold, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Is there a general web site detailing which airlines does any given airline interline with?
I don't think so, but I think there's a book published by OAG or IATA which you can buy for a few hundred $s.
Old Sep 9, 06, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Rewards Gold, Fairmont President Club Platinum
Originally Posted by Savage25
I don't think so, but I think there's a book published by OAG or IATA which you can buy for a few hundred $s.
Too bad! That type of web site could be very useful.
Old Sep 9, 06, 12:57 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a general rule, virtually all IATA airlines have baggage/[paper] ticketing interline agreements with each other: http://www.IATA.org/membership/airline_members.htm
Old Sep 10, 06, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KVS
As a general rule, virtually all IATA airlines have baggage/[paper] ticketing interline agreements with each other: http://www.IATA.org/membership/airline_members.htm
The link does not seem to work. I was in particular looking if there was an interlining agreement between AC and Turkish Airlines. I am getting conflicting answers on whether the two of them do or do not interline.

Earlier in July, I flew to Hawaii from Canada on AC; between Oahu and Muai on Hawaiian Airlines. Both airlines told me that they do not have an interline agreement between them. Are not both IATA airlines?
Old Sep 10, 06, 10:29 am
cpx

Programs: Many
The link does not seem to work. I was in particular looking if there was an interlining agreement between AC and Turkish Airlines. I am getting conflicting answers on whether the two of them do or do not interline.

Earlier in July, I flew to Hawaii from Canada on AC; between Oahu and Muai on Hawaiian Airlines. Both airlines told me that they do not have an interline agreement between them. Are not both IATA airlines?
based on this: http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

I dont think AC has any agreement with TK.

TK has one with AA
Old Sep 10, 06, 10:37 am

Programs: LH SEN (LH*G), HH Diamond, AB Gold (1W Saph)
It depends what you mean by "interline".

In the IATA sense of the word, it means an agreement between to airlines to offer fares between two points using both airlines.

In terms of baggage, it means through check-in for bags to a final destination, even if you're continuing on to a different destination.

For the second, a formal agreement is not necessary.

There are quite a few airlines that will not interline bags though - most of them are LCCs, though in terms of legacy carriers, Aer Lingus comes to mind. They no longer check through bags unless the connecting flight on a different airline is on the same ticket.
Old Sep 10, 06, 10:38 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cpx
based on this: http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

I dont think AC has any agreement with TK.
That is a table for e-Ticket interlining only, not for paper ticket interlining, or baggage interlining.
Old Sep 10, 06, 10:45 am
cpx

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by KVS
That is a table for e-Ticket interlining only, not for paper ticket interlining, or baggage interlining.

ah! thanks
Old Jan 15, 17, 12:49 pm

We need a list of updated agreements now.....like Delta no longer passes bags to SIngapore Airlines. This is a big problem for international travelers NOT living in a gateway city. It is just cheaper to book a ticket direct with international airline...but we need domestic airline to "pass" the bags. I also don't understand why they just don't add a fee to it and make it simple.
Old Jan 16, 17, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Originally Posted by cashmccall View Post
We need a list of updated agreements now.....like Delta no longer passes bags to SIngapore Airlines. This is a big problem for international travelers NOT living in a gateway city. It is just cheaper to book a ticket direct with international airline...but we need domestic airline to "pass" the bags. I also don't understand why they just don't add a fee to it and make it simple.
Not really.

On a single ticket, luggage is interlined (you don't need a list for this). If two airlines don't have an interline agreement, you usually can't book travel on a single ticket. And DL and SQ most certainly do have an interline agreement.

If you are talking about separate tickets it's a completely different story. Airlines increasingly don't 'interline' across separate tickets, even within alliances. BA won't interline with BA on different tickets.

Maybe you could explain better what exactly you are in need of.

Also, it's generally not a good idea to drag up threads that are 10+ years old because the information in them is unlikely to be valid and useful.
Old Jan 16, 17, 6:12 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII View Post

According to current information in sabre, both of your situations allow interlining for tickets and bags. Most likely it would have to be on a single ticket, but that isn't specified.
Old Jan 16, 17, 6:36 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
According to current information in sabre, both of your situations allow interlining for tickets and bags. Most likely it would have to be on a single ticket, but that isn't specified.
He probably would've really appreciated that info ten years ago.
Old Jan 18, 17, 3:01 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
Originally Posted by jinglish View Post
He probably would've really appreciated that info ten years ago.
THIS is the reason threads should be locked after a certain period of inactivity. We are not supposed to bring them back to life and when they are, people reply to outdated posts with current information which may not have been valid at the time of posting.
Old Jan 18, 17, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Or, worse, they rely on information from ten years ago!

Search this Thread