Rudest Airline Crew

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rudest Airline Crew

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Emma65
NWA - never again.
When my wife and I play the worst-flight-ever game, we always come back to a NW 747 service LGW-BOS. (This was several years ago when NW ran a transat minihub out of BOS Terminal E.) The crew hated their jobs, each other and the passengers and spent 7+ hours alternately hiding from their customers and screaming at them. It was the worst longhaul flight service I've ever experienced, bar none. I never fly NW longhaul anymore.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:47 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold, UA Silver
As for rude CDG-based UA flight attendants, you don't have to worry anymore... that base has been closed.

A close friend of mine is a UA FA, and he says the worst passengers overall for rudeness and being overly demanding are those in Business Class. He says the first class pax generally behave themselves and either sleep or get their work done. Business Class, on the other hand, can be very demanding and think they're super special. Just his opinion.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by BearX220
When my wife and I play the worst-flight-ever game, we always come back to a NW 747 service LGW-BOS. (This was several years ago when NW ran a transat minihub out of BOS Terminal E.) The crew hated their jobs, each other and the passengers and spent 7+ hours alternately hiding from their customers and screaming at them. It was the worst longhaul flight service I've ever experienced, bar none. I never fly NW longhaul anymore.
One of the worst international services I've ever had was NW: Bombay - Amsterdam (Y). Haven't flown them domesically in many years.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:07 pm
Suspended

I haven't encountered an outwardly rude FA. My experiences go from they're doing their job basics to they're going the extra mile. I flew on NWA recently the day after they shot down NWA's last offer. You could see some strain on the FA's and I didn't like one's comment that he would give me 6 months until I needed karpal tunnel surgery for my hand.

That being said, I do fully realize that they're putting their best face on and going forwards while knowing that they might have to take a 20% pay cut and that will likely have a big implication on their family. They get leeway from me for that very reason. For that person who said they won't fly NWA again ever, you might want to consider that.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL, AA,
Deleted, I was ranting!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 3:47 pm
sfo

Programs: UA MM *Gold, Accor Silver
Saftey vs service

Originally Posted by slickalick
Whilst i understand and appreciate that cabin crew do endure certain stresses that are entirely unique to their profession - they are still in the service industry - not the safety and security industry.

If you are incapable of treating someone with the least bit of respect then one would suggest that this is not the career for you. I've had some great crews who worked hard and provided service with a smile under the hardest conditions - but i cannot understand the ones who seem to go out of their way to make sure your trip is memorable for the wrong reasons.

I used to work in the service industry - and i shudder to think what would happen to my business if my chambermaids or waiters were treating customers like how cabin crew treat customers - i'd be out of business in a flash. I think that a lot of the airliners are now waking up to that reality.
I believe that a FA's training is teaching them that their first duty is to safety. I would certainly hate to be in an emergency situation and have the FA's tell us that the emergecy would have to wait until they finished service coffee. Who do you think is on the front line in an emergency, the cabin crew of course.

Last edited by sfo; Aug 16, 2006 at 3:51 pm Reason: forgot a word
Old Aug 16, 2006, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Flying Club, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred, National Emerald, Dr. Oetker Speciale
Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's a very common joke in the industry, and not necessarily derogatory. Another PPlace has a forum dedicated to "Passengers and SLF", and many of us SLF refer to ourselves as such.
Indeed, my signature over there is 'sly lowlife freight' People have good days, people have bad days and some people should be in different jobs - it's the little things like humour though that keep all of us sane in our daily jobs.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Emma65
NWA - never again.
Am I the only person that has never had a rude FA on NW? Rude GA...sure, but never a rude FA...
Old Aug 16, 2006, 6:48 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by IslandBoy
Before reading their postings I always paid cabin crew professional courtesy due to a safety professional, paid attention to the safety demo, said please and thank you and if I ever ask for anything out of their service order always said, " whenever you are next free may I please...." No more!!! Now as far as I'm concerned they are just wait help on a fast moving object.
Just so I have this clear....

What you're saying is that you're going to let the attitudes of a few people who may or may not actually be flight attendants justify your decision to give up basic manners?
Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:54 pm

Location: STL, MO-US and A , SWA A-List, Marriott LTTE, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
All of the US legacy FAs are just "OK" with a few really good ones sprinkled in from time to time.

I have generally had better expieriences with FAs from foreign carriers like AF, BA, KLM ect..........

I stopped paying attention a long time ago.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 9:51 pm

Programs: JAL Global Club & oneworld Sapphire, ANA SFC & Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by Bruiser
I think if you fly enough you run into rude ones and good ones on any airlines, exception being SQ. It is amazing what a difference pleasant FAs can make in the whole plane - people relax. And considering what we all have to go through to even get on board, I think it is the FAs job to try to help us relax. By the way, get rid of the loud music!!
I've never seen a rude crew on JAL.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 10:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Originally Posted by voop
and while not flawless have at least neither tried to cause me physical damage nor insulted me verbally.
'Nuff said.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by UNITED959
I can say, however, I've had the best crew of my life on UA, and I've had the worst crew of my life on UA.
I can say I've had the best crew of my life on UA, and I've had the worst fellow ~passengers~ of my life on UA.

Best crew - UAL - they pretty much rock all others out of the park.

Worst fellow passengers - last summer, I was seated about 7 rows from the back of the plane. A woman on crutches, tears streaming down her face, was trying to make it to her seat in the very last row. Due to some misunderstanding/glitch she and her husband were put in the very last row instead of one near the front of the plane. She walked by so many people, but nobody offered their seats to them.

I asked the woman sitting next to me if she were willing to move back to the back to their seats - it was only a few rows to us - but a difficulty to them. We quickly moved back, and got free drinks/certs in coach (thanks crew!).

It was unquieting to be with so many others that had watched her struggle for 20+ rows and not taken any action.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I didn't wanna comment but ...

I could swear that passengers could be involuntarily re-seated to accomodate this situation? I am also fairly certain that there are wheelchairs available? There seems to be something missing here, and it seems that it's something to do with the airline, not the mean fellow passengers?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 6:19 pm

Talking

Originally Posted by gldwebs
Am I the only person that has never had a rude FA on NW? Rude GA...sure, but never a rude FA...
Yes.

Fly NW transpac in coach, and you to will say Never Again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.