Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever heard of this startup SFO-HKG?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2006, 4:21 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This blog claims their introductory offer will be $128 OW.

http://voyage.typepad.com/china/2006...flights_f.html

Hong Kong new budget airline Oasis will begin San Francisco-Hong Kong services first quarter next year. One way ticket will cost as low as HK$1,000 (US$128) for early birds, the CEO of Oasis told Ming Pao, a Hong Kong broadsheet newspaper.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 4:40 pm

Programs: Fly Amtrak, Go Greyhound! I'm often wrong but always sincere.
Oasis Hong Kong Airlines is Hong Kong's first low fare, long-haul passenger airline. Starting in October 2006, Oasis Hong Kong Airlines will offer non-stop service to London-Gatwick for the same price as many travelers presently pay for a 1- or 2-stop flight. Flights to Milan, Berlin, Cologne/Bonn (Germany), Oakland and Chicago will be successively phased in during the months after we launch service to London-Gatwick.

http://125.215.132.244/en/index.asp
Old Aug 8, 2006, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
I'm reading their website, and it says it's applied for authorities for HKG-OAK. Not SFO.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Article states only 10% of seats of Boeing 747 are slated for the low fare (HKG-LGW route), no details on fares re HKG-OAK. I would like to book a OAK-HKG RT tics if and when the "low" fare is announced and available.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA PPro, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec, HH Gold, IHG Gold
More insight... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oasis_Hong_Kong_Airlines

Interestingly, the article perceives that Oasis destinations are leading LLC hubs. (JetBlue and SWA at OAK; EasyJet at LGW and Berlin; Germanwings at Cologne.) I will look forward to seeing progress within this startup.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:09 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rkkwan
I'm reading their website, and it says it's applied for authorities for HKG-OAK. Not SFO.
Yeah, the original quote I found said SFO, but it's clear they mean OAK. For a long haul flight like that, lots of people won't mind going to OAK if it means significant fare savings.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA,UA,WN
Let's see how low we can get.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Priority Club Plat
Originally Posted by mt.sthelens
Let's see how low we can get.
I don't think it'll hurt them much to offer $0.01 fares for a dozen or so seats on a 744. That will buy them a lot of publicity and free advertising.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA, B6, CO, DL, FL, UA, US Gold (only took 10k miles), WN, Amtrak
This might actually work; the fact that they are higher pilots is a good sign that they will actually takeoff soon.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 2:02 am

Thumbs up

can't wait for this..., I was still struggling on whether to go to my friend's wedding in HK on Oct due to the costly tix price.., this may be a solution for me...
Old Aug 11, 2006, 7:00 am

Oasis

Unfortunately, Oasis will start its European network first.

LGW is the first destination... should be starting at Oct... and more information supposes to be released soon, but with the increased alert at London, I am not sure how it will be affected.

Oakland, CA will start up when they receive more a/c... so more towards 2007 and 8.

For now, they have leased or bought two ex-SQ Boeing 747-400s with two class -- a business class using the old SQ J seat with increased pitch (60 to be rumored), and than Y with normal pitch and personal TV.

Unfortunately, nothing concrete is released yet... so look for more information...

Carfield
Old Aug 13, 2006, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
Seems Like They Are Ready To Roll Just Talking To Them This Week About Tickets Will Bump Up As Soon As \i Know Maybe Add It To Budget Travel Forum, As Well
Old Aug 13, 2006, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually not a bad move at all. Will certainly force CX to start thinking about starting their rumored 2nd SFO flight sooner and stop kissing a** to their overrated LAX market.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.