Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Need Your Airline Opinions on Euro Travel from US

Old Aug 8, 06, 7:56 am
Original Poster

IYO,

Which airline is the better airline to travel coach, from Atlanta, GA, Raleigh/Durham, NC or Miami, FL to Franfurt, Germany?

I appreciate your help.
Old Aug 8, 06, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It depends what you want to do in coach. Going across the Atlantic, most people try to get some sleep. I guess the question is which is better: US, DL LH or UA. I think it's a toss up. If you're flying DL and see that it's a B767, I'd take either US or UA. I'd probably opt for United, if I didn't have a reason to be loyal to any carrier: they have more ways of getting you back to the US if there is a problem with your return fight.
Old Aug 8, 06, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SE, Marriott Silver, Omni Select Plat
In Y most airlines are pretty much the same. I'd pick the one with the shortest travel time and seat back tvs.
Old Aug 8, 06, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS, UA
Originally Posted by USA_flyer
In Y most airlines are pretty much the same. I'd pick the one with the shortest travel time and seat back tvs.
I second the PTVs. They make all the difference when flying coach. I will usually avoid 767s because on AA they don't have PTVs and 777s do. Something about the ability to choose the movie your watching is nice. Although more often than not I opt for watching the channel with the map and airplane.
Old Aug 8, 06, 9:42 pm

to frankfurt

Originally Posted by kamishakish
IYO,

Which airline is the better airline to travel coach, from Atlanta, GA, Raleigh/Durham, NC or Miami, FL to Franfurt, Germany?

I appreciate your help.
would fly Lufthansa from ATL/MIA as it is direct
Old Aug 8, 06, 11:09 pm

Programs: BA, DL, AA
I would pick an European company first (free drinks)... or would look into what plane serve the route. It is a matter of service, seats, food. Y is similar, but there are small differences.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: