Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

AMEX Business Travel Solutions - Experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Travel Solutions - Experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA E+, HH Platinum, Marriott Rewards, Budget Fastbreak
Arrow AMEX Business Travel Solutions - Experiences?

My company as of yesterday now uses Amex's business travel solutions as preference for all employee travel. Yesterday I set up my profile, including airline/hotel/card rental preferences, frequent flyer accounts, and you can list other credit cards if you want to use your own (default billing is to company Amex).

Tuesday we are going to have an online demo with how the site works and how to book a trip, from what I have seen in playing around on the site and setting up some dummy bookings it looks very Expedia/Travelocity-like.

I don't have an Amex of my own but am told that if you book any trips on this site with your own personal Amex, some type of rewards are available.

Curious as to any other experiences with this site.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:42 am
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by UAORDFLYER
Tuesday we are going to have an online demo with how the site works and how to book a trip, from what I have seen in playing around on the site and setting up some dummy bookings it looks very Expedia/Travelocity-like.
You might want to check to see if it has (perhaps company specified) limitations on which airlines, hotels, and rental cars are allowed / preferred (perhaps by comparing the options available there to what you could find otherwise). I have heard and read stories about how employees sometimes had to jump through hoops to get an itinerary that was both better for scheduling and less expensive (from what the employee could see) than what the company travel agent offered. From what I have read, the company may have hidden rebate or discount arrangements with certain airlines, hotels, and rental cars that would cause them to arrange their travel agent to highly favor those vendors.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EX PLT
My friend's company uses this service. He has not been a happy camper recently.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 2:13 pm

My company uses this service but none of the employees actually use it because it sucks!

We were told they would not reimburse unless we booked through this service but that was just an empty threat because we are all still booking directly with the airlines/hotel companies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.