Reload this Page >

Doha airport, Qatar

Doha airport, Qatar

Old Jul 16, 2006, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Doha airport, Qatar

Will be flying to asia soon for my first ever flights outside europe

we are flying LGW - DOH - SIN - CGK

we have a 5 hour wait in doha airport and i was just wondering if anyone has been there before and if it really is as boring as i have heard in some reviews i have read online.

We are flying with Qatar Airways which are meant to be a great airline to fly with so i am really looking forward to flying with them.

thanks
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:21 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold, American Airlines Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I am affraid it is pretty boring, not much of a duty free and one or two coffee shops. It's no Dubai airport, but Qatar airways is in fact an excellent airline.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 9:42 am

Qatar is indeed a good airline. I believe they have two lounges at DOH, one first class and another. Either is a pleasant place to pass some time. Snacks. Computers. Decent views. Nice staff.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 9:21 am

I'm not sure what time your connection is but with my experience, at night (between 9-11 PM), the airport is PACKED. As well, I've had similar boring experiences the airport in DOH but there still is food and shopping available.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by RichyF
i was just wondering if anyone has been there before and if it really is as boring as i have heard in some reviews i have read online.
It is far far worse than any online review can properly do justice.

Imagine the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York, except with shiny floors and a Duty Free store. Then fill it to double its official capacity with assorted labourers carrying odd-sized parcels, throw in a few kids sleeping on the floor and you have Doha International Airport.

What a dump.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by B747-437B
It is far far worse than any online review can properly do justice.

Imagine the Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York, except with shiny floors and a Duty Free store. Then fill it to double its official capacity with assorted labourers carrying odd-sized parcels, throw in a few kids sleeping on the floor and you have Doha International Airport.

What a dump.
lol i dont know what the port authority bus terminal is in new york but im guessing its not a nice place.

am really looking forward to my 5 hour wait in the airport now.

will be there from 6 - 11 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.