Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jealous bosses

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2006, 5:30 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold , National Emerald Exec, Hertz Presidents, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by hellolock
I can't believe you are worrying so much about a small thing like what hotel chain you stay at!

You should spend the time focusing on your work and what you have to do at the location instead.

Your company should provide adequate accommodation and I am sure the Wyndmam is.

Your career depends so much on your boss. Promotions, pay rises and a more comfortable working relationship with your boss should greatly outweigh the benefits of staying at your preferred hotel chain for a week.
You obviously don't possess the obsessive trait for travel and flying that many of us do at FT.

That week may be the difference of getting to a higher level of status!

And there are always other jobs.

I like the switch hotels plan. I know the new employee will be slightly inconvenienced, but points are points, and stays are stays!
Old Jun 17, 2006, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

(Gasping sounds & clutching pearls) NOT the Motel 6!!!

LMAO Thanks for a good laugh.
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:37 pm
DAL

Or you could imagine a boss that pays for your room when you travel together and takes all your points...
Old Jun 17, 2006, 11:45 pm
tjl

Programs: AS,WN,UA,B6,hotels
Originally Posted by jmplatinum
I think he is intimidated by me and this is somewhat of a chessy way for him to feel like he is the man. Oh well, not enough to quit over, but it annoying to say the least. I'm tempted to call and cancel 4 nights of the Wyndham reservation and just stay at the Hilton until the night everyone else gets into town.
Make sure that the Hilton is cheaper than the Wyndham and document it, so that you can say that you saved the company money by choosing a cheaper hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.