Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Connexion by Boeing ROCKS

Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I don't know who at AC is waiting for a better system, but I type this to you now from FL315 over China on LH..I have MSN Messenger up and am chatting with friends..The system works great.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:27 pm
CGK

Programs: UA MM
Glad you like Connexion! ^ YVR-FRA on LH certainly has Connexion.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Doing HKG-MUC-BRU

Enough fun though..I need to go to sleep!

I wonder if I am the first person to ever download music from up here
Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:17 pm

Programs: AC Elite/Star Alliance Gold
I love it too. On LAX-INC on Korean I have tried iChat/Skype but there wasn't quite enough bandwidth, but still, having e-mail/internet is super.

J
Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:37 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
Do any other *A partners have it?

I suppose we could always dialup with the in seat phones Perhaps AC will team up with Sympatico Dial Up.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by eastcoastcan
Do any other *A partners have it?
I've used it on SK, SQ, OZ and LH... try visiting www.connexionbyboeing.com for more details.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Is the issue that AC is waiting, or the Canadian government won't approve it? I had heard something on the latter.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 2:48 pm

Programs: Air Canada Elite, Continental Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, SPG Gold
I have a feeling, that if AC wanted it approved, they would "get it approved".

Originally Posted by Simon
Is the issue that AC is waiting, or the Canadian government won't approve it? I had heard something on the latter.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:16 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
I read somewhere, and apologies that I cannot provide a link, that Lufthansa has evidence in tems of passenger surveys and feedback that passengers will make airline/flight choices based on Connexion availability...
Old Jun 8, 2006, 3:44 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Let's see if we have other members of FlyerTalk that have other experience using Connexion by Boeing. To further that input, I'll move this to TravelBuzz!

Question: what fee are you currently paying for the access on-board?

P.S. thought about this being Travel Technology-realted but judgment call decided it was worthy of the general travel audience in TravelBuzz!
Old Jun 8, 2006, 7:06 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
My short SQ flight, SQ 64 SIN-BKK, had it available. I was way TOO into my Peranakan style Curry chicken to bother trying it out.....
Old Jun 8, 2006, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Has the cost come down for installing the system? I once read that it was around 500k per plane. This was a few years back.

Originally Posted by JMB_YEG
On LAX-INC on Korean I have tried iChat/Skype but there wasn't quite enough bandwidth....
That's a good thing.
Old Jun 8, 2006, 9:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

It was free..they had out little cards to premium passengers.

I felt this should be in the AC forum as we have often heard the excuse from Air Canada that they dont have it because the `technology isnt good`...yet CX, SQ, LH etal..have it
Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Let's see if we have other members of FlyerTalk that have other experience using Connexion by Boeing. To further that input, I'll move this to TravelBuzz!

Question: what fee are you currently paying for the access on-board?
I've been paying to use it for the duration of the flight on some flights -- esp SK and LH flights. When I've been paying for the duration of the flight, it's often been $26.95 which I found to be good value for 6-10 hours.

Sometimes I've paid little/nothing for it, but that's courtesy of friends that brought Boeing's "Orange Popsicle" to Europe, the Middle East and India and were demonstrating the stuff and more or courtesy of vouchers that could be picked up in the lounge. These vouchers provided for free and/or discounted access at various times during the course of the last several months or so. [Haven't seen them as of late, but I picked up a stack a few months back. Now I just need to find them. ]

It works pretty well, but I've dealt with quite a few dropped connections in-flight too. Still say I get at least 80-90% up-time at cruising altitude.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 5:16 pm

Programs: AC*SE, CX DM, HH DM, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, PC PL
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=connexxion

I'm not berating you for posting about it - just trying to add some comments the lazy way

BTW I often get "50% off connexxion" promotion emails from Boeing, but I haven't been on an equipped flight since.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.