Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Found a bra when I checked in...anyone else find underwear in their hotel room?

Old Apr 20, 2006, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist

OK, so I just arrived in LA and headed to the Park Hyatt in Century City. I pass Ace the latest cast-off from American Idol in the lobby and make some idle chit chat.

Nice girls at the front desk welcome me back and tell me that I am in a Executive Suite this time -- OK, thanks! They always take care of me here. I get to my room, big, nice, view of the HOLLYWOOD sign in the distance. I drop my things. See nice fruit and a bottle of Pinot Noir as a welcome gift (unrequested, just there with a nice note.

I move towards the bedroom and lo and behold there is a bright red, slightly padded, bra! I move close to it but don't touch, thinking of proper procedure from CSI -- no need to ever have my fingerprints found on it!

So I call the front desk and they are completely horrified. The woman from housekeeping was ever more mortified then the front desk staffer.

Have any of you ever found unmentionables in hotel rooms also??
Old Apr 20, 2006, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Indian Railways Wallah Program
I always hoped to find a woman in the red bra when I walk into the hotelroom
Old Apr 20, 2006, 8:53 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
I've accidentally left underwear but luckily never found any in a hotel room...
Old Apr 20, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: HH Gold, NW Silver
yes i would be more concerned with finding the lady walking around with no bra
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Most disgusting find ever: A used condom in my bed. Happened some 15 years ago, during my budget travel years, in a seedy Strasbourg hotel. We found out later that we were the only guests staying the entire night. I'm still trying to forget.

I wouldn't mind finding a bra or other clothing in a closet, but any indication that sheets and/or towels weren't changed will freak me out.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could the bra have been yours??

Did find a condom wrapper on top of an entertainment cabinet...but I also found $400 in cash, hidden in the bible.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:26 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, HHonors
Might be able to top that...

Originally Posted by jpdx
Most disgusting find ever: A used condom in my bed.
I, too, found a used condom.

Not in the bed, but thoughtfully positioned as a hanging ornament from the bedside lamp. Ramada Inn, Atlanta, GA.

That takes some premeditation.

Ugh.
Old Apr 20, 2006, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
I once saw underwear on the bed of a hotel room I had just checked into, and suddenly out came a person from the bathroom in a state of absolute undress.

Out the door I went, luggage still in tow ...... all while apologizing for intruding and explaining the misunderstanding.

When I later ran into the same guest in the hall (fully dressed) -- some would say the person was quite the eye candy regardless of accoutrements -- there was no scene, but quite the friendly hello instead of a nasty glare.

I wonder if that Melia Hotel ever took the initiative to compensate the guest who was intruded upon, complaint or not.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by meducate

Have any of you ever found unmentionables in hotel rooms also??
If I had, I wouldn't be able to mention it, would I?

Box of condoms under a bed once. But, I guess that's more of an overcoat than undergarment.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by UNITED959
Could the bra have been yours??

What if it was part of the welcome gift?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 2:26 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Lately we have been traveling with old clothes and just leaving them in the room when we leave. I wonder what house keeping thinks.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:09 am

Programs: PC
Originally Posted by AAaLot
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7100/4.0.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Lately we have been traveling with old clothes and just leaving them in the room when we leave. I wonder what house keeping thinks.

Assuming you're actually serious with this, why would you ever want to travel dressed in your old clothes that you don't want anymore? Also, does that mean you leave the hotel in your birthday suit?
Old Apr 21, 2006, 3:15 am

Condoms seem a common theme, found one under the bed at Hilton Dubai Creek while looking for the girlfriends mobile phone
Old Apr 21, 2006, 5:27 am

Programs: aavantage
Also found a bra....

Two years ago on a Celebrity cruise, first night there, my husband pulled a bra out from between the mattress and headboard of the bed. I was so grossed out and he just laughed and laughed!!

As a side note, a few weeks ago in our hotel room there were all kinds of fast food containers behind a night stand! A complaint to the front desk was met with a great deal of concern. I hope they confronted the housekeeping staff on that one!
Old Apr 21, 2006, 6:36 am

Maybe another "token of appreciation" from the concierge got to the room too early and got tired of waiting.

Your loss.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.