Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

1hr layover in PTY, enough time to make connection?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 9:38 am
Original Poster

GYE-LAX with a tight connection in PTY of 1hr. Is that enough time to make it? That's the only flight that day from PTY-LAX, so I'd hate to miss it and get stuck in Panama for a day.

Does anyone have any experience flying COPA through PTY? Do they make you go through customs again when connecting flights (i.e. going from one terminal to another)? I've experienced this in MAD with Iberia on a connecting flight, made the timing pretty nerve racking .
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Originally Posted by BillLumberg
GYE-LAX with a tight connection in PTY of 1hr. Is that enough time to make it? That's the only flight that day from PTY-LAX, so I'd hate to miss it and get stuck in Panama for a day.

Does anyone have any experience flying COPA through PTY? Do they make you go through customs again when connecting flights (i.e. going from one terminal to another)? I've experienced this in MAD with Iberia on a connecting flight, made the timing pretty nerve racking .
straightfoward. Hour is cutting it but you don't need to even re-clear security let alone customs. Like connecting at a US airport. I had an hour connection and made it fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.