Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
You can get up three times to the washroom sitting in the middle and window too.
Of course - but in order to do so you have to disturb at least one, if not two other passengers.

If you know you want to get up and down several times (especially on a short flight) its far more considerate to fellow pax to sit where you aren't going to disturb them.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:42 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Aisle person because of my surgically repaired & cranky left ankle and I need to get up and walk to keep it honest.
Old May 4, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by CarolynUK
Of course - but in order to do so you have to disturb at least one, if not two other passengers.

If you know you want to get up and down several times (especially on a short flight) its far more considerate to fellow pax to sit where you aren't going to disturb them.
Exactly why I always try for an aisle. Plus, when I've been stuck in a window, I always seem to get the person who doesn't actually want to stand up to let me out but rather just move their legs a little so I end up having to climb over them. Yuck.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: IHG About to Be Demoted, AA Demoted to Nothingness
Usually aisle (I hate troubling people if I have to go tap a kidney). My left hand is in a cast this month, however and I have two translatlantic flights. I reserved left side window seats so I don't inadvertently castbonk anyone in my sleep.
Old May 4, 2011, 12:40 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
I used to be 100% window, but now I like the aisle unless I know I'm going to want to try and get a little sleep (like on a 6am or redeye flight)
Old May 5, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
For short flights, under 3 hours or so, I like to take a window seat. For longer flights, an aisle seat, as I like to be able to get up and go to the bathroom if I need to, or simply stretch my legs (if in Y).

Of course, ideally, I most enjoy sitting in a window seat in business class in a 1-2-1 configuration (or similar), but alas, I don't get to do that too often.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:35 am

Window! To enjoy the great view outside!
Old May 5, 2011, 10:50 am

Aisle so I can get up and down.
Old May 5, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Window for sleep, but usually aisle. Just curious, if you are an aisle person, do you get up as soon as the ding goes off, to retrieve your luggage in the overhead bin, or do you prefer to wait until it is your turn to exit the aircraft?
Old May 5, 2011, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by CarolynUK

Its a matter of preference.. if you think that's it more polite, than get the aisle seat if available. For myself, I don't mind standing up or making someone stand up. in fact, it gives me a chance to stretch. Getting up 4 or 5 times for any passenger during the flight is good for blood circulation, prevents leg cramps, and varicous veins.
Old May 5, 2011, 6:09 pm

window.. i can usually hold it long enough
Old May 7, 2011, 12:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Ham Medallion
When I was younger, I used to love the window. There was nothing more fun to do than watch the landscape below. I may have even preferred RJs and props because of they flew lower and you could see more of the ground.

Now that I'm older - relatively speaking, I'm only 17 - I've become more of an aisle person, at least in regular Y. I have fairly long legs so it's a nice luxury to be able to stretch my feet into the aisle when it's clear. And of course, I can't stand any RJ other than the ERJ 145's single seat.
Old May 7, 2011, 12:54 pm

Window. Right side.
I tried left side once, and it felt really weird and awkward.
I hate when people in aisle and middle don't want to let me through when plane lands and decide to wait forever till line goes *past*. I never use overhead so I can just grab my bag underseat and go. It likes those people who wait far too long at a 4 way stop because they can't be assertive (or don't don't know what the hell they're doing).
Old May 7, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Used to always be aisle. I get up a lot. But, now I choose windows for sleeping flights and aisles the other times.
Old May 7, 2011, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Pidge
Window. Right side.
I tried left side once, and it felt really weird and awkward.
I hate when people in aisle and middle don't want to let me through when plane lands and decide to wait forever till line goes *past*. I never use overhead so I can just grab my bag underseat and go. It likes those people who wait far too long at a 4 way stop because they can't be assertive (or don't don't know what the hell they're doing).
Never thought it would make a difference. So long as my family has 3 seats together, that's all it matters. I shall watch next time to see if it makes a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.