Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are You a Window or an Aisle Person?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:22 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Ideally both (SQ F on 747) but that doesnt happen too often (and is more likely a puddlejumper).

For short flights when I dont have to rush out (tight connection or meeting) window.

Otherwise mostly aisle (unless I can snag window exit row upper deck = more places to put things) - for room to stretch and fast getaway.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: DL GM
In C, definitly aisle. I like to be able to get up and walk or go to the bathroom without climbing over anyone. Also, I can stick my feet in the aisle (at least occasionally) if I need to stretch. However, if I'm travellling with Mr. Tb, I'll usually take the window so that he can have any extra room that might be available in the aisle seat.

In B/E, I can be equally happy in either window or aisle.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:33 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by wulicny
Aisle, with the exception of redeyes. Then I take the window. You see, I am a much better predictor of my bladder habits than I am of others. I don't sleep on any flights, except redeyes. When I am asleep, I prefer not to be awoken.

One thing I am sure of which we all agree - NO MIDDLE SEATS ... EVER!!!!
Same here...

Asile, unless Im real tired then a window.
or a whole row to myself is always good
Never middle!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:43 am

Programs: LH FTL
Always Aisle... since I´m sometimes a bit of a whiteknuckler on flights and don´t want to know that much about how high in the sky I am...

weird for a FF, isn´t it?
Old Feb 21, 2006, 11:59 am

Programs: NW Gold, '06. Good times.
Prefer window on domestic flights so I can take pictures through the window. Internationally, I prefer the aisle for more space and the freedom to get up and move.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:01 pm

Programs: QF Gold, PC Plat, HH Silver
I suffer from motion sickness, so I prefer the aisle in case I have to rush to the toilet after turbulence...
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:01 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Middle seat, that way I can make 2 people miserable

Aisle for me, although I get hit on the shoulder every time with the drink cart
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Omni Gold, Hilton Gold, *Wood Gold
I love looking out the window, so I'll take the window!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Always an aisle, especially in economy, even with E+. Gives me more room to stretch my legs. I don't mind people asking to get out of the row (except for the time I flew ORD to HKG, didn't get upgrade, and one or the other person in my row had to get out every 20-30 minutes); I hate to crawl over others to do the same. Also makes it easier to get computer out of the bin if I decide to work instead of read.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:16 pm
Original Member

I like the window but if my mom is going and can get bulk head row let her take the window and I will take aisle seat
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:18 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Doesnt matter if I am tired or not, the "speech" is a lullabye to me, and I am out cold on every flight, so make mine a window!!!! I have FINALLY found a pillow that works well on CRJ's even. I am asleep by the time the wheels are off the ground (oh did we de-ice I missed it, and what time did we end up taking off *smile*). I also prefer the bulkhead....so on the CRJ50's make mine 1D, CRJ40's its 3D!
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Window -- I'm still able to spend an entire flight looking happily out the window. Unfortunately, I'm also really bad about saying "oh, I'll get that done on the plane;" if the weather's clear and we're over land, it rarely happens.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:40 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Window. As much as I fly, I still love the view.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.33MM, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I too prefer a window seat (both for the view and for the ability to use the bulkhead to lean against if I want to get some sleep). I also don't like getting bumped by the beverage cart or by other PAX as they move up and down the aisles in Y.

I am surprised to see so many FTers saying that they too prefer windows. I guess I always thought I was an "unusual" frequent flyer by requesting a window seat. (Figured everyone else wanted the aisles!)
Old Feb 21, 2006, 1:12 pm

Programs: UA, *Wood Plat, CO, QF
Aisle (necessity in Y, strong preference in J/F)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.