Reload this Page >

PriorityPass 20% Discount with AMEX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PriorityPass 20% Discount with AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2006, 2:01 am

Question about receiving the membership card.
Once you join, does the website enable you to print a paper copy until the normal card arrives. I am currently out on the road and thinking about joing PriorityPass and I would like to use the airport lounges on my return trip home. But if you have to have the plastic membership card in your posseion to enter the lounge, maybe I should wait to join.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 9:30 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
absolutely FREE PriorityPass

Did you know that you get a FREE PriorityPass with the new MasterCard World Elite card... AND ... if you order the MCWE from Saks, the card itself is free (not to mention some of the two-for-one benefits for some international airlines) and amenities at over 600 upscale hotels through Virtuoso. See http://priceless.com/cards/worldelite/elitecards/
Old Nov 23, 2006, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO
Did you know that you get a FREE PriorityPass with the new MasterCard World Elite card... AND ... if you order the MCWE from Saks, the card itself is free (not to mention some of the two-for-one benefits for some international airlines) and amenities at over 600 upscale hotels through Virtuoso. See http://priceless.com/cards/worldelite/elitecards/
WOW, thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2006, 11:22 pm

Programs: EVA (diamond), A3, BMI, VN
Originally Posted by jwillett13
does the website enable you to print a paper copy until the normal card arrives. ....if you have to have the plastic membership card in your posseion to enter the lounge, maybe I should wait to join.
Its a little while since I had PP, but I think you DO need the plastic card. Some of the lounges I used swiped the card through a reader, most used an imprint machine. One even typed my PP number into a Word document, printed out a receipt and asked me to sign. None of the methods seemed to be "online". When I cancelled Amex, the attached PP card got cancelled. I then started getting charges - it seems lounges were still manually processing visits I had incurred before cancelling Amex and PP thought I was no longer entitled to visit for free.

So I think its possession of the card itself that is evidence of your entitlement rather than an online verification of your number.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 8:51 pm

So, I finally joined Priority Pass. Has anyone tried using their SMS messaging to get the location of clubs? I have sent a couple of messages and I have yet to receive a response.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold;NWA gold;Hyatt Plat
So, I finally joined Priority Pass. Has anyone tried using their SMS messaging to get the location of clubs? I have sent a couple of messages and I have yet to receive a response.
I use the blackberry client and it works great. I've never tried the SMS thing, but I've seen other SMS gateways have some lag time to respond.
Old Apr 30, 2007, 7:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by DavidO
I can't see any mention of PP when following this link. What level of PP membership does this card give you ?
Old Apr 30, 2007, 8:36 am

Programs: AA(2MM)-Plt, HH-Gld, HY-Glb, ICAmb-Plt, SPG-Plt (Life), AMEX-Plt
Originally Posted by dgwright99
I can't see any mention of PP when following this link. What level of PP membership does this card give you ?
I searched using Google and found this link which describes the benefits better...

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/Saks...e_benefits.jsp

...looks like the Priority Pass benefit is the "pay-per-visit-$24 US-per-person"
Old May 25, 2007, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by goaliemn
I use the blackberry client and it works great. I've never tried the SMS thing, but I've seen other SMS gateways have some lag time to respond.

I have tried several time with SMS on different days. All I can assume is that it flat out doesn't work. Does anyone else have any experience with it?
Old May 25, 2007, 11:18 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi there,

I've used this service regularly and it has always worked for me. The only thing I could imagine is that there is no lounge for the airport code you sent in.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old May 26, 2007, 4:00 am

yup, I do from time to time when in a port where the airline lounge for the airline I am flying is far from where my gate is or some such thing. A quick SMS to PP, and I usually within a minute or so get an sms with my options for alternative lounging

Works really really well, even when I am away from my home network. The only place I didn't manage to get anything through was last week in Japan -- not that I needed it, but I had a new phone and wanted to see if SMS' roamed correctly and was set up correctly
Old Apr 11, 2008, 1:31 pm

Programs: Priority Pass, Marriot, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by voop
yup, I do from time to time when in a port where the airline lounge for the airline I am flying is far from where my gate is or some such thing. A quick SMS to PP, and I usually within a minute or so get an sms with my options for alternative lounging

Works really really well, even when I am away from my home network. The only place I didn't manage to get anything through was last week in Japan -- not that I needed it, but I had a new phone and wanted to see if SMS' roamed correctly and was set up correctly
If you have a web enabled phone you can use this link (type it in your phone's browser) and it gives you the same lounge information as the SMS.. http://pda.prioritypassusa.com

And it doesn't cost you any SMS messages, if you pay for them.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Looks like the 20% off annual fee link is still good, though the per visit & guest fees are now $27.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:25 am

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, National Executive Elite, Avis First, Hertz PC
My PP was going to renew, but the card they had in the system has been cancelled and it was a good thing. I couldn't find any way to continue to get the orginal $319 rate I had from last year when trying to renew. I used the AMEX link in the first post to save the 20% and just started a new membership.

I'll post if there are any unforseen issues with this method.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:40 am

Looks like if you are a US resident the discounted price is $320, but if you are a UK resident the discounted price is 207 GBP, which at current exchange rates is $285. Could be a way to save another $35, FWIW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.