Flight Cancellation Reimbursement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2005, 5:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Premiere 1K, SW Companion, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime, Hertz Presidents Circle

First time I've been on a flight that was cancelled and need some advice.
This past Sunday we were booked on an Iberia flight (very old 747) from Madrid to Miami leaving at 12 pm. They boarded the flight and we sat for 2 hours before they disembarked us...due to mechanical problems. At that time they told all 450 plus passengers to have lunch and listen for an update. Finally at 5 they announced the flight was being cancelled...got many buses to take us to many hotels. We had to wake up at 4:30 am for their rescheduled flight.
Are we due any restitution and how would we go about getting it if so?
Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See here for EU regulations on pax rights and compensation for delayed/cancelled flights (and DBC).
These regulations have been discussed a lot on many FT forums, including this one. Try doing a search.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.