Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > TravelBuzz
Reload this Page >

Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Question Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops

Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops to a price level that the user/flyer has specified?

Thank you.
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:08 pm

Travelocity FareWatcher is one that I have used in the past.

Mike
Old Sep 30, 2005, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
as mike says, use the travelocity farewatcher.

go to travelocity.com, and set up and account. enter the city pair you want along with the price you want to be notified of, and they'll send you an email letting you know when the price goes down!

for all i know, orbitz or expedia may do this as well, but the travelocity folks are terrific and their email system works

Last edited by karenkay; Sep 30, 2005 at 10:10 pm Reason: mike beat me to the punch
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:40 am

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
Yahoo also has one. Problem I find is you can't specify dates, airlines or routing. I tried this for a while and found that by the time I got the email (to be fair, read the email), the fare was either gone, or useless. A hypothetical example would be "ewr-las". I'd get an email for, say, $111 r/t. Great fare! Then, I find it's only on a Tuesday, return on Thursday, 3 stops on an airline that I don't care to accumulate miles on.

I've found that subscribing to various airlines vacation special emails gives a good indication of current *reasonable* competitive pricing.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 10:26 am

I have mine set up with TRAVELOCITY -- but half the time the fares don't exist Very hit & miss.
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:43 am

Orbitz's Deal Detector lets you watch a specific itinerary.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Just wondering if anyone had any new suggestions.

Thank you.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rnmcd
Just wondering if anyone had any new suggestions.

Thank you.
Are there any new services (websites) other than those mentioned above that do a good job of notifying people if prices drop to a specified level?

Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:02 am

Programs: AA, AB, AC, ..., ZZ
Originally Posted by rnmcd
Are there any new services (websites) other than those mentioned above that do a good job of notifying people if prices drop to a specified level?

Thanks.
The cutting-edge FareCompare.com recently introduced email alerts. More information here.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Thank you boazs. I'll definitely give this a try.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:06 am
Original Poster

boazs, is there a way to receive only notifications of fare information for specific destinations or does farecompare always provide at least 50 destinations?
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:57 am
Community Director Emerita

Travelocity Farewatcher used to send me fare alerts on international fares. I've just updated my city pairs, and am now getting a message saying it isn't possible for international. Is that a permanent change?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.