FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/478097-there-any-online-services-will-notify-person-via-email-if-airfare-drops.html)

rnmcd Sep 30, 2005 9:25 pm

Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops

Are there any online services that will notify a person via email if an airfare drops to a price level that the user/flyer has specified?

Thank you.

nako Sep 30, 2005 10:08 pm

Travelocity FareWatcher is one that I have used in the past.

Mike

karenkay Sep 30, 2005 10:09 pm

as mike says, use the travelocity farewatcher.

go to travelocity.com, and set up and account. enter the city pair you want along with the price you want to be notified of, and they'll send you an email letting you know when the price goes down!

for all i know, orbitz or expedia may do this as well, but the travelocity folks are terrific and their email system works :)

mbreuer Oct 1, 2005 8:40 am

Yahoo also has one. Problem I find is you can't specify dates, airlines or routing. I tried this for a while and found that by the time I got the email (to be fair, read the email), the fare was either gone, or useless. A hypothetical example would be "ewr-las". I'd get an email for, say, $111 r/t. Great fare! Then, I find it's only on a Tuesday, return on Thursday, 3 stops on an airline that I don't care to accumulate miles on.

I've found that subscribing to various airlines vacation special emails gives a good indication of current *reasonable* competitive pricing.

ALadyNCal Oct 1, 2005 10:26 am

I have mine set up with TRAVELOCITY -- but half the time the fares don't exist :rolleyes: Very hit & miss.

alanh Oct 2, 2005 1:43 am

Orbitz's Deal Detector lets you watch a specific itinerary.

rnmcd Feb 7, 2006 10:19 am

Just wondering if anyone had any new suggestions.

Thank you.

rnmcd Aug 30, 2006 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by rnmcd
Just wondering if anyone had any new suggestions.

Thank you.

Are there any new services (websites) other than those mentioned above that do a good job of notifying people if prices drop to a specified level?

Thanks.

boazs Aug 31, 2006 7:02 am

Originally Posted by rnmcd
Are there any new services (websites) other than those mentioned above that do a good job of notifying people if prices drop to a specified level?

Thanks.

The cutting-edge FareCompare.com recently introduced email alerts. More information here.

rnmcd Aug 31, 2006 7:38 am

Thank you boazs. I'll definitely give this a try.

rnmcd Aug 31, 2006 8:06 am

boazs, is there a way to receive only notifications of fare information for specific destinations or does farecompare always provide at least 50 destinations?

SanDiego1K Aug 31, 2006 10:57 am

Travelocity Farewatcher used to send me fare alerts on international fares. I've just updated my city pairs, and am now getting a message saying it isn't possible for international. Is that a permanent change?