Hilton and Hyatt
Old Aug 14, 2005, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another vote for the fairmont in YVR. ^
Old Aug 14, 2005, 11:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
Another vote for the BKK

I don't remember the name but it had a great restaurant, great air conditioning and was a real life saver in the city when a drive to the airport can in bad conditions be a real dooosey. This hotel was pricey.

I loved the transit hotel at SIN as well. It was comfortable and the rooms weren't little coffins either. This hotel was well priced when I stayed there.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I too have enjoyed my stay at Changi's terminal hotel which was provided to me by SQ since I had no choice but to overnight because I couldn't make it to my connecting flight on the same day. No need to clear immigration, got a wake up call the next morning to make sure I didn't miss my connecting flight, facility clean/well maintained..........what else can I say!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:21 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JOUY31
HKG - don't remember the name
HKG - Regal Airport Hotel (landside, connected by enclosed walkway)http://www.regalairport.com/mmm/rega...n_US_main.html

SIN - In-house transit hotel

From Changi Website:
To book a room for a short rest after a long journey, you can go to the Transit Hotels which can be found on Level 3 of both terminals. You do not have to clear immigration to get to the hotel.

(25 Jul 05): The Transit Hotel at Terminal 1 will be under going renovations from 15 Aug to 20 Oct 05.

Better watch out for that!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 7:16 am

AMS: Mercure (airside)

Transit hotel behind customs in Terminal at Schiphol Airport. Passport & flight ticket required to get to hotel. 33 rooms with air conditioning, restaurant/ bar, sauna.

Rooms

Room(s) : 33
Pets accepted
Number of free children in parents' room : 1
See this link.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:36 am

KIX: Aeroplaza Hotel; the hotel is attached to the airport.
Old Aug 15, 2005, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijkh
I don't remember the name but it had a great restaurant, great air conditioning and was a real life saver in the city when a drive to the airport can in bad conditions be a real dooosey. This hotel was pricey.

I loved the transit hotel at SIN as well. It was comfortable and the rooms weren't little coffins either. This hotel was well priced when I stayed there.
The BKK hotel is the Amari Airport Hotel- and yes, it is very comfortable and great value.
ICN has a brand new Hyatt.
Already mentioned, but the Regal Airport Hotel at HKG is great- and you can get a day rate there for around 80 USD (which, if you fly in from Europe, allows you to get your China visa extended for six months, and catch an evening dragonair flight to PEK or PVG). The sushi bar on the lower lobby level of the Regal is excellent BTW.
SYD has a stamford hotel- not connected physically to the terminal but right across the parking lot.
YYC has a Delta Hotel.
LHR T4 has a Hilton.
MEL has a Hilton which is pretty good actually- skybridge from departures level.
LGW, in addition to the Meridien mentioned above, also has a Hilton connected to T1 by skybridge.
NRT has day rooms with great hot showers and a little bed for really good deals (if I remember correctly 400 Yen per hour??)
That's all I can think of right now....
Really wish JFK had a decent option!
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:14 am

I haven't seen anyone mention ARN (Stockholm) yet. There is a Radisson SAS located in the terminal building, with recently renovated rooms. It is clearly the best hotel located at ARN, but also the most expensive.

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
ICN has a brand new Hyatt.
Can't find this on the Hyatt webpage, unless you mean the Hyatt Regency Incheon. In that case it is not located inside the airport, it is a few minutes away by shuttle bus. ICN does have an in-terminal hotel though, called Air Garden. It is a transit hotel where you can stay without going through immigration.

Last edited by Deimos; Aug 15, 2005 at 9:23 am
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: QF Plat - OW EMD | DL Gold / Starwood Gold
TPA - Marriott

MCO - Hyatt (One can overlook the terminal from a room balcony - kind of interesting)

DTW - Westin (NW Midfield Terminal, hotel has it's own security check-point between hotel and terminal)

The above three are basically check-out to check-in hotel's, so to speak

ORD - Hilton

DFW used to have a Hilton/Hyatt (?) connected to the airport by the Tram/Monorail which went around the airport. Haven't been to DFW in years - not sure if it is still "Tram" connected.

KUL - Pan Pacifc, landside - great hotel. KUL does have a transit hotel airside, but it's a dive.

ICN - Air Garden Hotel - airside transit. It's basic, clean, and sufficient for a rest at ICN without entering Korea. The Air Garden offers free computers with high speed internet in their lobby.

MEL - Hilton, attached to airport by walkway. Great views from top floors facing airport.

I can't think of any others off-hand that I've been to.

One hotel of interest, but not connected to an airport:

LHR Marriott Renissance Hotel: This is probably one of the closest hotels to an active runway anywhere, London's Heathrow, none the less. If you book an "airport view" you can watch the landings and take-offs up-close.

SDF_Traveler
Old Aug 15, 2005, 9:52 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Ngo

NGO

Nagoya (Centrair) NGO hotel less than 200 meters from the check-in desks:
http://www.centrair.jp/en/traveling-link/tl-hotel/

Looks OK from the hotel website:
http://www.centrairhotel.co.jp/

Also - "day rooms" available in the terminal (land side) as part of the spa complex. Bath, massage, sleep... nice!

Last edited by jib71; Aug 15, 2005 at 10:00 am
Old Aug 15, 2005, 11:24 am

Programs: Marriott PLT, Starwood, American Gold, Delta
Vancouver

The Fairmont Hotel, sitting right above and connected to terminal, is one of the best hotels ever. I'd go back just for the hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.