FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Your Favourite Airline Livery? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/438075-your-favourite-airline-livery.html)

SchmeckFlyer May 30, 2005 9:48 am

Your Favourite Airline Livery?

What are your favourite (standard) airline liveries out there? For what reason? Any favourite 'special' paint jobs you may have?

Just curious to see what and why everyone thinks...

My own are:
KLM because it is timeless and permanent, even if dated, and the colour of the sky
SAA because it is beautiful and colourful, a great reflection on the nation
BA because it is familar to me, simple and elegant

Y tu?

Have not seen a similar thread anywhere else, but please feel free to redirect should it exist elsewhere.

Internaut May 30, 2005 9:59 am

SAA and BA for me. Even when I'm not flying BA, the site of one of their 747s at a foreign airport is a nice reminder that I'm on my way home.

Wheels_Up May 30, 2005 10:16 am

There is something that's comforting to see one's Flag carrier whilst in a foreign country. My personal preferences are;

-NW..their tail logo is spectacular and the color is a perfect match with the red lettering.
-AA..Timeless
-SQ..I don't think the design is the best but, I like the color scheme of white, navy and, gold.

Gnopps May 30, 2005 10:21 am

I liked Uniteds last livery, and the SAS one.

Strawb May 30, 2005 10:32 am

I like the one-off livery designs which carriers introduce to mark special events or sporting occasions etc. I really like the spectacular ones such as Qantas' Wanulla Dreamtime and JAL Snoopy dogs or Pokemon. Recently at LHR I saw British Airways' Blue Peter livery which featured English, Welsh and Scottish designs - was there a hint of Northern Ireland as well? Plenty of others I can't remember.

Whoops! Just saw the OP mentioned standard liveries. In that case BA and CX.

rEsEarchEr May 30, 2005 10:36 am

favorite livery

maple leaf on AC for sure... the new design is even better than the original one. the leaf is a romantic symbol

kylesuo Mar 16, 2011 8:16 pm

Best/worst airline livery?

I vote Air Canada for the best (check out that 777, so beautiful) and Korean Air as the worst, with the drab Soviet look.

belfordrocks Mar 16, 2011 8:49 pm

Spirit's old livery looked quite and sharp. Then they changed it into a tacky white.

rjw242 Mar 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Worst: Southwest. True to the name, it's like a bad peyote trip.

Best: the JAL crane (soon to make a comeback ^)

BryanIAH Mar 17, 2011 4:54 am

Best: NH

Worst: WN

bitburgr Mar 17, 2011 5:16 am

Favorites have been discussed before here...Favorite Airline Liveries.

james318 Mar 17, 2011 6:46 am

I'll limit it to American based airlines only.

Best - NW's pre-merger one

Worst - Tie for Southwest and United's battleship one (or whatever it is called)

dranz Mar 17, 2011 12:14 pm

Current worst: SWA

Past worst; the old UAL & NWA 'grey' liveries. Both reminded of "bowling
shoes."

2wheels Mar 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Are Special one-off schemes included? Then I'd say Horizon's 'Green Q400' takes the prize. Otherwise, I'd say WN.

gosha83 Mar 17, 2011 12:18 pm

For the American carriers, I don't really dig US Air .Very bland. Also not a fan of JetBlue's.

On the flip side, the originality of Frontier's is pretty awesome. Always catches the eye.

From the bygone era, I liked TWA's a lot.