FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TravelBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz-176/)
-   -   Next, it just has to be-First thing you do when you get on the plane (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travelbuzz/403850-next-just-has-first-thing-you-do-when-you-get-plane.html)

windwalker Feb 23, 2005 11:28 pm

Next, it just has to be-First thing you do when you get on the plane

See if it smells like smoke, if it does ask for another plane.

Toryvict-see wishes do come true

Analise Feb 24, 2005 7:01 am

I put my hand luggage in the overhead compartment.

dhammer53 Feb 24, 2005 9:35 am

I walk to the rear galley in coach :p looking to see if any of my favorite UA flight attendants are working the flight.

Dan

jumpmonger23 Feb 24, 2005 10:16 am

I toss the nasty pillow/blanket onto the (supposed) blocked middle seat next to me, or hand them to an FA.

bursa Feb 24, 2005 10:21 am

Put luggage in overhead compartment, sit down, put BP in briefcase, and look out the window.

Wilbur Feb 24, 2005 12:42 pm

1. Check the aircraft manufacture date on the door.
2. Put luggage in OH compartment, get the heck out of the aisle.

toryvict Feb 24, 2005 10:51 pm

OK, here's what I do.

Put bag in overhead, put water bottle and book in seat pocket, sit down in my aisle seat, and hope nobody's taking the middle seat. :)

318i Feb 24, 2005 11:30 pm

Right as I'm walking on, I give the piece of aluminum fuselage immediately to the right of the entry door a couple quick pats. Purely for good luck. (If you ever see anyone doing this while boarding a NW flight, it's me. Say hello.)

When I get to my seat, I throw my backpack under the seat in front of me, put my water bottle and a magazine in the seat pocket, and start people-watchin' until the door's closed.

whiteknuckles Feb 24, 2005 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur
Check the aircraft manufacture date on the door.

^ ^ ;)

JBLUA320 Feb 25, 2005 2:22 am

Definiteily!
Once I get on I go to my seat and then immediately move the pillow, stow my things, and start messing with the IFE, shortly after I pray and then I'm underway. Hey, it rhymes!

dbuckho Feb 25, 2005 2:24 am

Check the aircraft manufacture date on the door.

Another ^

I have a whole routine around unloading my reading material, iPod, headphones, and pack of gum and organizing them in the seatback before the bags go to the overhead. But before I get there I am all about sizing up the equipment!

ghostboy Feb 25, 2005 3:00 am

My routine...

1. Smile & say hi to FA's - both genders ^
2. If available, grab a newspaper from the J class trolley
3. Find seat, step in so I'm not blocking the aisle
4. Unpack water, book and/or magazine(s)
5. Load backpack into overhead compartment along with nuisance pillow & blanket
6. Sit down, don't buckle up if there are spare seats next to me
7. Scan for any talent & people-watch
8. Wait for doors to close, then bucklup
9. Adjust "boys" without drawing attention
10. Relax & enjoy the taxi & take-off

Cheers ;)

Billiken Feb 25, 2005 4:14 am

1. Check the aircraft manufacture date on the door.
2. Put luggage in OH compartment, get the heck out of the aisle.

3. Count number of rows (seatbacks I would need to touch) to nearest forward and aft emergency exit.

airdiva1 Feb 25, 2005 4:51 am

find seat, buckle up, try to fall asleep...

hairpeace Feb 25, 2005 5:29 am

I put my briefcase in the overhead compartment, close said compartment because I am territorial, sit down, resist kicking off shoes because of take off safety requirement, make seat belt loosest possible, fiddle with seat reading light and wait for my champagne. :D